1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 390     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please quote a paragraph or two and the link to the articles you want to share. The sites deserve our clicks, not to be plagiarized.

Quoting a few paragraphs is exactly what we're trying to discourage. It's more helpful to actually summarize it in a sentence or two and then give a link, because then people can decide if it's worth their time.

For example:

A decent poster said:
Here's an article from today's National Post detailing the matchup between Ford and Hulk Hogan - I love that the headline is "Hulk Hogan throws match..." but kinda wish the Hulk wouldn't have let him win. Hilarious infographic at the end too - Rob Ford's signature move: Blaming media.

I'm not saying everyone has to give an inline link, but at least with that post you know what you're clicking on, you know how I feel about it, and you can quite easily decide whether or not you want to click on the link. And it's two sentences long. I don't have to post ten lines (or two paragraphs... or quote the fuck out of it) to indicate what it is and/or why I'm happy/unhappy with it.

Evvabeing, you're not learning anything, and you're making it worse by re-editing your posts.

why take out one of my references? i don't think that's fair, especially when people can go on for pages about things that have nothing to do with rob ford without trouble or modification.

Because all three pretty much say the same thing?

Last edited:
On the one hand, it's fun to see even the repulsive and reprehensible have some innocent fun now and then. On the other hand, I hope no one takes this as proof he is qualified to run a major city.

Yes, Justin Trudeau went Palooka for a stunt too, but that was (partly) fund raising. I hope Frod raised some funds doing this too (can't make myself read the reports). And Justin went on to tell the truth about his history with drugs.

I just hope that people with insider info, such as MetroMan, don't get turned off by the actions of others on here and stop posting info. While the Ford saga is still ongoing, message boards don't live forever and there comes a time when they jump the shark and aren't as good as they used to be. I hope we haven't reached that point. But then again, I am somewhat new to this board, so my perception of this place is different than long time posters.

Last edited:
personally i prefer when someone highlights relevant info, so i can then decide whether on not i want to click the link.

why does it have to be in my own words, when i highlight what can be learned from articles?

if i had posted each article separately, i would have been bugged for making too many short post... or for not tying the same thought together.

when i present it all together, it's too long.

the parts i highlight across articles talk about different points or corroborate each other.

why can't i present what i would like others to consider by quoting an article?

i honestly would love to hear what people on here think of the information i presented.

i have tried to incorporate some of the suggestions or desires people had for when i post. why do i have to completely 'conform' here? isn't this a forum that can handle diversity in thought and presentation style?

in other word's its all about you.

From this list of things we learned about the Mayor in the last couple weeks, please choose the two items most likely to be remembered about him two months from now.

1. His sister's drug-dealing ex-boyfriend threatened Ford because he was owed money.
2. Ford drives while intoxicated.
3. Ford attempted to slide past jail guards to speak to a drug-abusing friend.
4. Ford saved the Mississauga mayor from going overboard while fishing.
5. Ford's part-time driver and security has been charged multiple times with threatening violence to women.
6. Two of Ford's friends, Dave Price (now employed in the mayor's office) and Sandro Lisi (the above mentioned driver), went searching through the drug dens of Etobicoke to retrieve the crack tape.
7. Ford stepped in to break up a fight at a high school football game in St. Catherine.
8. Ford defeated Hulk Hogan at arm-wrestling.

Some of your points are pushing the boundaries of truth. Let's try to keep to the facts and not fall into that slippery slope with some of the pro-Ford members here.

Some of your points are pushing the boundaries of truth. Let's try to keep to the facts and not fall into that slippery slope with some of the pro-Ford members here.
I'm curious which of his points are pushing the boundaries of the truth? Only the Mayor McCallion one doesn't ring a bell to me ... perhaps I missed that story when I was out of town.

I'm curious which of his points are pushing the boundaries of the truth? Only the Mayor McCallion one doesn't ring a bell to me ... perhaps I missed that story when I was out of town.
He grabbed Hazel and saved her from going overboard when she snagged a big one. Probably grabbed her boobs while doing so. (Shudder)

I don't see how they push the boundaries of truth any more than saying "Rob Ford smokes crack". We don't actually have any conclusive evidence to support that, but we all take it as fact because of all the supporting evidence. The least true might be #8, depending on how you define "defeated".

Hulk Hogan let Ford win, in case you missed it.

No way!! Say it ain't so!!!!!111eleven

0.000001% more seriously ... I just saw a video clip of the alleged contest on CBC News Network which clearly shows RoFo ripping off a clip-on necktie about 1.5 nanoseconds after taking off his suit coat. A clip-on necktie?!?!?!? What a m-----f---ing disgrace!!!! I demand that this fraud resign as mayor immediately!

Yeah, what exactly is pushing the truth? Granted, Hogan let him win, but that won't be how the Fords tell the story, and the fishing story is a bit of myth-making. But the more serious ones?

- Ford's sister's ex did come to their house threatening him, saying that Ford owed him money (Sun story)
- Ford did drive drunk (it's obvious to me that he arrived there on his own and was recorded stumbling stupid drunk minutes after leaving his vehicle).
- Sandro Lisi has multiple charges for threatening women and dealing with drugs (Star story)
- Dave Price went to the Dixon Rd complex and Lisi went to the Windsor residence looking for the tape (Star story)
- Ford arrived at the jailhouse outside visiting hours and gave a false story hoping to see his drug-abusing friend Bruno (Globe story)

I've doing this from memory, so if I have one of these wrong, please let me know, but I'm not intentionally pushing any falsehoods. Actually think I'm being a bit restrained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back