1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spelling Canada without capitalization is incorrect. A typo is when you accidentally spell something wrong, not on purpose.

Actually no, a typo is modern colloquial term for a mistake of grammar, however, traditionally "typo" is short for (and the Greek root) for typography. Typography is of course the process of setting and arranging printing type, so... any deviance from the norm, and in this case "canada" is a stylization, not an error.

Or something like that.:)

Last edited:
canada isn't a typo... i only properly capitalize when i'm formally writing something... or might be a cut and paste. but that's neither here nor there.

what i find interesting is that a shipping company called 'anything goes ltd' is in the UK and scott has done cocaine trafficking jail time there...

might be coincidence, might not. the dates aren't perfect for it, but something about it still rubs me.

(1) I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you were being careless about capitalization rather than displaying illiteracy. Relax.

(2) If one wants to concoct the name of an employer for a fake shipping/receiving job experience, then "anything goes".... (It may as well be "Acme".)

(3) Even ignoring the time differences, if convicted while working for ABC UK then even a cretin would hardly put "working for ABC UK" on his resume - unless he was such an abject idiot that he could not even begin to concoct a fake resume in the first place. ("Experience: Bus-buy at Toronto West Detention Centre. Learned to serve soup from the left, 6 times out of 10.") Ritz Cracker boxes are red; fire engines are painted red. Coincidence? No, Jimmy Olsen.

Actually no, a typo is modern colloquial term for a mistake of grammar, however, traditionally "typo" is short for (and the Greek root) for typography. Typography of course the process of setting and arranging printing type, so... any deviance from the norm, and in this case "canada" is a stylization, not an error.

Or something like that.:)

Actually, no. In contemporary usage it is a term for an error of choice of letter (or symbol), or an error of capital vs. lower case letter, committed when using a keyboard (e.g., "plot" when "ploy" is intended, or "henry" when "Henry" is intended). It may result in an error of grammar (e.g., a phrase using "than" when "then" is intended) but it the word "typo" does not refer to an error in grammar.

(Above,"...it the word..." is an error of grammar, caused by deciding to replace the word "...it..." with the phrase "...the word 'typo...'" but then omitting to delete the word "...it...". That is a grammatical error, not a typo, even though committed with a keyboard.)

Last edited:
Hopefully the media silence means a new episode of Ford Family Foibles is being written because when UT resorts to grammatical and etymological discussions, the Fords haven't gone far enough.

If things really get slow, we can exchange PMs on the Oxford comma and AP vs. Chicago style.

i think this boils down why rob wants a by-election in ward 3 beautifully...

Ford is really far more likely to find himself another friendly face by asking the residents of Ward 3 to elect one than he is convincing council to appoint one.

and this is the 'cover' story...

But just as Ford will have to deal with criticism that in supporting a byelection he’s squandering taxpayers’ money on a councillor who will maybe attend eight or nine council meetings before the general election, so will they have to contend with the accusation that by appointing they’re stealing a mandate from 52,000 electors who deserve a say in how their city’s governed.

http://www.insidetoronto.com/opinio...ty-council-must-play-fair-in-ward-3-decision/

might be coincidence, might not. the dates aren't perfect for it, but something about it still rubs me.
You should take up genealogy. It will give you lots of opportunities to go chasing names that sound similar and dates that aren't quite perfect but might just lead to something, never know.

Anyway, you can Scooby Doo the Ford Family lawn man and furniture purchases and whatever else, but we already know the family is riddled with drugs and drink and violence and dysfunction. Rob Ford has proven himself unfit for the job twenty times over. You can search and search for that one wisp of straw that you think will finally break his back, but that's not really what it's about anymore. What we need is for someone - in media, in politics, in law - to step out and say this man is a liar, a cheat, a fool, an addict, he buddies with criminals and he should not be in office. We know enough already for that to happen, but it just doesn't. Why it doesn't is what we need to figure out, not whether there's an "Anything Goes" in Canada or the UK where Rob Ford's sister's ex-partner once loaded boxes onto trucks. (And as should be clear to any amateur detective who ever played the game "Clue", "Anything Goes" is a fictitious company intended to cover the fact that Mr. Mcintyre has been occupied selling drugs his entire adult life.)

With absolutely no sense of irony or modicum of decency, Rob Ford was quoted in this article saying:
“Look at the Liberal scandals, the corruption that has been going on . . . it is overwhelming what these guys, the governing Liberals, have put the taxpayers through. Especially in opposition, you need strong people to keep the governing party accountable and Doug will keep their feet to the fire, I assure you,†he said.

I don't know why I'm surprised. But still. I mean really...

With absolutely no sense of irony or modicum of decency, Rob Ford was quoted in this article saying:

And the Conservative scandals? How about all the damage Harper has done to this country? Guess that doesn't count in Rob Ford's world.

He STILL doesn't understand that they're the governing party and if you want money for transit or ANYTHING else, you can't go around publicly slamming them. Same goes for journalists, City Hall colleagues, etc etc. But hey, he's a bully - it's the only way he knows how to get what he wants.

It'd be interesting if the arm wrestling match results in a broken arm or some such injury to Rob Ford (then again, he wasn't so flabby and out-of-it that he couldn't rescue Hazel from sleeping with the fishies)

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat
"I own this town!" Mayor Rob Ford after beating Hulk Hogan in an arm-wrestling match
#TOpoli #hulkford

Aye aye aye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back