1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 371     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's not like he doesn't have any other odd hobbies.

Eh, I'll go ahead and give him benefit of the doubt since it's a submission for "12 insanely titled books". I remember when that book was first discovered on Amazon, years ago - I believe they cull the reviews now and then because nobody provides a REAL review, and yet to this day people continue to submit hilarious fake reviews.

Just saw Rob on CITY news talking about arm-wrestling Hulk Hogan (complete with strange, pip-squeak roar), and the physical symptoms of food poisoning.

It's been brought up before, but seeing him speak off-the-cuff for more than two seconds at a time, I have to ask seriously: Is there a possibility Rob Ford is slightly retarded?

I can't wait to see how he's going to make a fool of himself arm-wrestling Hulk Hogan, you know, besides arm-wrestling Hulk Hogan.

This is our mayor. This is the shit he gets jacked about.

And yeah, he obviously has some sort of cognitive impairment. I don't think he's used more than 40 different words in various configurations since he's been on Council.

For those in on the rumour, is it definitely a barbershop instead of a hair salon?

Ford hired the social media manager from the hair salon his mother frequents to his staff a few months ago.

There's a method to every madman's madness.

First time poster here, though I have followed the Rob Ford's Toronto thread as a guest until now. I am not an insider nor do I work within media, justice or politics, but I do have an interest in Toronto's future and always enjoy a good drama.

Out of curiosity, I googled the address to DECO. Note the 4th result, called:
Taxi fare in Toronto from 28 Greensboro Drive to 40 trehorne drive ...

These results are probably cached taxi fare rates based on searches that have been made in the past. So somebody out there frequently/occasionally/once looks up cab fare between these two addresses.

Then I googled 40 Trehorne dr. The 6th result (after a slew of k ford results) is: scott macintyre Online Resume - Resume Builder. So we can see that a Scott Macintyre has an online resume, showing his contact person as Kathy Ford (Doug and Rob's sister?). The resume lists his latest work experience as:
Shipper /Reciever /Expediter (05/17/1999 – 03/19/2010)

So one may surmise he may have performed work for DECO, as he reports his contact person as Kathy Ford, and we also have the potential linkage on cab fare searches between the two addresses. Most here are probably aware that a Scott Macintyre has been written about in the media in drug related stories, and had a falling out with Rob Ford's sister, culminating in his arrest at the mayors house. But one particular charge noted in the past comes to mind:

...and in 1999, he pleaded guilty after a police sting uncovered his role in a plot to traffic more than 50 pounds of hashish.

So there's a guy named Scott Macintyre out there who not only has a record of street user level cocaine incidents, but also in fact has been part of larger distribution network in 1999, which seems to overlap the time period that the Scott Macintyre on the online resume, possibly worked as a shipper/receiver at DECO.

Could this tie into some of the other posters' ideas about DECO? According to the Globe, owner Randy Ford was "involved in the drug trade", albeit a long time ago, and has generally never appeared in the spotlight like Rob and Doug have.

I'll be honest -- I don't quite follow how the cached sites link him but if that's true it is very interesting.

NM, I'm dumb and figured it out.

Last edited:
Last edited:
yes it's the fords' sister...

In an online résumé, Mr. MacIntyre lists his address as a home on Trehorne Dr., the same home where Ms. Ford lives and a short walk from the mayor’s Etobicoke bungalow. Mr. MacIntyre also lists Ms. Ford as one of his references for a company called Anything Goes Ltd., and that he works for the company as a shipper/receiver and has “vast knowledge†of the freight industry.

The police, however, know Mr. MacIntyre for transporting other sorts of goods.

In 1992, he pleaded guilty in the United Kingdom to trafficking cocaine. He served two years in an English jail, before being transferred back to Canada as part of a prisoner exchange program. It wasn’t long before he was back in front of a judge again, and in 1999, he pleaded guilty after a police sting uncovered his role in a plot to traffic more than 50 pounds of hashish.

Before sentencing Mr. MacIntyre to four and half years in prison, Mr. Justice Casey Hill said: “He is capable of being a useful member of society, if he can give up the idea of quick profit and the greed that appears to motivate those involved in this type of immense narcotic operation.â€

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/t...pears-in-court/article1358297/?service=mobile

A résumé posted online notes that Mr. MacIntyre worked from 1999 to 2010 as a shipper/receiver/expediter at “Anything Goes Ltd.†At the time of Ms. Ford’s 2005 shooting, Mr. MacIntyre was using a shotgun to break up an argument between two friends when it accidentally discharged and grazed Ms. Ford’s head, according to Toronto Police.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/01/11/police-at-rob-fords-home-after-breach-of-security/

For those in on the rumour, is it definitely a barbershop instead of a hair salon?

Ford hired the social media manager from the hair salon his mother frequents to his staff a few months ago.

There's a method to every madman's madness.

^Lulz. A few hundred pages ago I posted an article from a metroland-style paper about the relocation (renovation?) of that hair salon. It is (or was?) located in the Royal York Plaza (aka "The Drift" aka "the place where Doug Ford and David Price sold many pounds of hashish" aka "the place where Randy Ford assaulted and kidnapped one of his drug customers before trying to extort money from his parents and, ultimately, mysteriously getting out of his criminal charges with a slap on the wrist"). The gift that keeps on giving.

EDIT: TOvp found the article (thanks). Yes, Snap: the community paper that proves you can always aim lower.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back