357     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 511     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 858     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt your life is in danger when there are 8 copies and 5 people have one.. Also if you at that much risk of losing your life, then why would you tell other people?

These copies were most likely given to the person by other people. So they most likely know exactly who has the videos. When we're only dealing with 5 people, it's not hard to connect the dots.

Doesn't look to me like he was near enough to The Taste of the Danforth to eat or drink, even though the denial brigade keeps trying to frame it as a guy having a couple drinks at street festival. Kid who took the video says that it was on Greenwood, 2km from festival. Other video and pictures are near the Tim Horton's on that corner. And then the cops and the staff arrived. I could be wrong, but given his condition and the attention he was receiving, moving the couple subway stops to the festival would have been slow going. There are no pictures or videos from the actual location of Taste of the Danforth.

He was invited by organizers to attend, and his staff was waiting for him to help assist him attend, but he blew them both off.

He was never at Taste of the Danforth.

Because he was occupied being an undisciplined, unprofessional, slovenly drunk and full-time buffoon. And a drunk driver.
Councillor Mary Fragedakis said she saw Ford at the festival but from a distance so she was unable to comment on his behaviour. I'm assuming "at the festival" means on the Danforth and not down some side street.

Scrappy's tone is not necessary, but it is starting to get a bit odd that the thing hasn't been leaked. I'd be inclined to be suspicious of its existence as well, except that multiple sources (inside and outside UT) have confirmed that it is real and spreading around.

Currently, it looks like the Transit City LRT plan for Scarborough was universally opposed (by most Councillors and all, or at least the main 2 Prvovincial Parties). As such, I think most of the blame for any expenses incurred would fall upon those who first came up with the plan, and those who delayed in seeing that this plan should be stopped as early as possible.

Imagine, in an ideal world, if politicians would have just corrected the flaws in Transit City instead of playing politics for the past 3 years. We would probably have a public more willing to support getting new monies for B-D extension West and the Sheppard West subway extension.

...wait. a sheppard west extension!? that is projected to have lower ridership than sheppard east you know that right? especially before the DRL.

These copies were most likely given to the person by other people. So they most likely know exactly who has the videos. When we're only dealing with 5 people, it's not hard to connect the dots.

I guess we just have a difference of opinion on this... Funny thing is, once the video is out, Ford won't have any power to put anyone's life in danger, and all his supporters aside from his bro will distance themselves..

Scrappy's tone is not necessary, but it is starting to get a bit odd that the thing hasn't been leaked. I'd be inclined to be suspicious of its existence as well, except that multiple sources (inside and outside UT) have confirmed that it is real and spreading around.

Let me clear this up, I am not suspicious at all of the existence if the tape, I'm certain it exists or existed at one time. What I'm suspicious of is all the talk of sources and insider info for the same reason you just mentioned.

Doesn't look to me like he was near enough to The Taste of the Danforth to eat or drink, even though the denial brigade keeps trying to frame it as a guy having a couple drinks at street festival. Kid who took the video says that it was on Greenwood, 2km from festival. Other video and pictures are near the Tim Horton's on that corner. And then the cops and the staff arrived. I could be wrong, but given his condition and the attention he was receiving, moving the couple subway stops to the festival would have been slow going. There are no pictures or videos from the actual location of Taste of the Danforth.

He was invited by organizers to attend, and his staff was waiting for him to help assist him attend, but he blew them both off.

Because he was occupied being an undisciplined, unprofessional, slovenly drunk and full-time buffoon. And a drunk driver.

Here he is standing outside Riverside Fitness on the Danforth - west of Jones Ave - so he was there

https://twitter.com/Courtbot/status/366022314455883776/photo/1

It is pretty funny that all the photos of Rob Ford seem to be from Jones to Greenwood, an area of the Danforth that was not even part of the festivities.

Nope, that's Rob Ford's favourite Esso - Scarlett and Edenbridge. He stops there every morning he drives to work for Tim Horton's coffee.

I almost added 'but then Essos are all laid out pretty much the same' but you're right - the Dupont one doesn't have a payphone.

I don't think Metro Man is full of shit, but he has been wrong about a lot of stuff. I don't doubt that he has insider sources and connections, but, in the brief time I've been here, he has made several false predictions, including that - during the break in the crack scandal - that Ford would be being led out in handcuffs in a few weeks time. Some of his predictions to me seem to be based more on wish fulfillment than any insider knowledge.

Here he is standing outside Riverside Fitness on the Danforth - west of Jones Ave - so he was there

https://twitter.com/Courtbot/status/366022314455883776/photo/1
Not to defend Ford here, but it doesn't help when his opponents exaggerate. Can anyone look at this photo and see 12 cops?

Or when hard working Chinese people are (poorly) complimented as "working like dogs", it somehow means he hates Asians.

Or when spending money on widespread AIDS programs doesn't make sense when the affected communities are more isolated, it somehow means he thinks gays deserve to die.

These leaps of logic have been made in this very thread and they only undermine the credibility of the people saying them.

a follow up on the bizarre late night jailhouse visit in march, not much new except that it has been the subject of discussion in the ministry. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...te-in-after-hours-jail-visit/article13707729/

The visit was deemed unusual by correctional officials and prompted an e-mail describing the incident for the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services, multiple sources have told The Globe.
At around 7 p.m. on March 25, about three hours after official visiting hours, Mr. Ford arrived unannounced at the Toronto West Detention Centre and asked if he could have a tour of the jail, four sources with knowledge of aspects of the incident said. After the tour request was declined, the mayor indicated he wanted to meet with Mr. Bellissimo, a source in the correctional system, as well as Mr. Bellissimo’s mother, Maria Bellissimo, said in interviews.

That request was also declined and the mayor departed – leaving an unsolved mystery within the correctional service about why the mayor visited at such an odd hour, why he was indirect about the purpose of his visit and why he needed to speak with Mr. Bellissimo, a 43-year-old who has had run-ins with police and has what numerous sources describe as a history of drug-related activity.

^^I agree, but at the same time Ford and his supporters have forfeited their rights to any fair treatment, or to argue for logical consistency or against hypocrisy. They don't extend it to others and therefore don't deserve it in return. I'll have a measured and rational discussion with a Denzil M-W, Stintz, Tory, etc. supporter, but Fordites are a breed of subhuman scum whose continued existence is a blight on politics and Toronto in general.

What is with politicians (eg RoFo) supporting these low ridership subway extensions? It's like they're stupid or something.

I think I've just answered my own question.

Careful. Apparently we aren't allowed to suggest that a segment of the population might be stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back