345     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 500     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 850     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I dunno if MM is full of sh!t or not (I tend to think not, but I have no way to be certain), but when it comes to the manner in which sealed evidence might get leaked, I can see how spreading slowly would apply until the point where a copy was obtained by a party with no electronic or documentary trail, at which point I agree, it will spread like wildfire. Until then, however, any person in possession of a copy has his/her job on the line if that copy is the one that turns up on youtube/liveleaks.

Nah I don't buy it. It's easy to obtain a copy with no documentary or electronic trail if u have access to the video, you just copy it and give it to someone.

Currently, it looks like the Transit City LRT plan for Scarborough was universally opposed (by most Councillors and all, or at least the main 2 Prvovincial Parties). As such, I think most of the blame for any expenses incurred would fall upon those who first came up with the plan, and those who delayed in seeing that this plan should be stopped as early as possible.

Imagine, in an ideal world, if politicians would have just corrected the flaws in Transit City instead of playing politics for the past 3 years. We would probably have a public more willing to support getting new monies for B-D extension West and the Sheppard West subway extension.

Based on that logic, would you then place part of the blame for the gas plant scandal on the PC and NDP who were also in favour of it being cancelled?

In an ideal world they would have come up with a flawless transit plan right from the get-go. Transit city may have been far from perfect, but it was still a decent plan, and it was supported by the majority of council. Ford opened up the idea that the plan could be changed when he tried to unilaterally cancel it. Every time something is changed we get delays. Every time things are opened up for change we get largely clueless politicians trying to alter things to better suit their re-election bids. I don't think it's even possible to just correct the flaws when we don't even have a firm consensus of what the flaws are - decisions are being made by politicians based on voter perception, not the knowledge of actual transit planners. That $200 million wasted is Ford's mess.

Last edited:
more right-wingers turning on ford...

Kelly McParland: Rob Ford gives a bad name to ‘regular guys’

"Mayor Ford’s brother, Doug, defends him on the basis that he’s a “regular guy.” He likes to have a drink now and again. Great. But most “regular guys” — with wives and kids and neighbours who know them — would be embarrassed if they were recorded stumbling along a public street, slurring their words and looking for a party. Doug Ford may feel defensive about his brother’s image, and for good reason, but he’s not helping by shrugging off the mayor’s display of bad judgment and poor behaviour as if it’s typical of any ordinary family man.

It’s not. It’s embarrassing and unbecoming, and Toronto deserves better than that. It’s not the first time it has happened. Mr. Ford seems unwilling, or incapable, of learning. He’s lost the job he treasured as a football coach, he’s alienated one-time allies and friends on city council, he’s allowed a decent political record to be obscured by his personal antics. And largely through his own actions. A “regular guy” who did that much damage to his own interests with his behaviour would be in need of an intervention, if not professional help. Those are warning signs. They need to be answered, not shrugged off."

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com...nd-rob-ford-gives-a-bad-name-to-regular-guys/

^I dunno if MM is full of sh!t or not (I tend to think not, but I have no way to be certain), but when it comes to the manner in which sealed evidence might get leaked, I can see how spreading slowly would apply until the point where a copy was obtained by a party with no electronic or documentary trail, at which point I agree, it will spread like wildfire. Until then, however, any person in possession of a copy has his/her job on the line if that copy is the one that turns up on youtube/liveleaks.

Nah I don't buy it. It's easy to obtain a copy with no documentary or electronic trail if u have access to the video, you just copy it and give it to someone.

You must have not heard about how one of the people in possession of the video was stabbed earlier on. And I believe others have run into trouble as well. If I had the video, I wouldn't want to share it either.

The video will come out eventually. Just show some patience.

You must have not heard about how one of the people in possession of the video was stabbed earlier on. And I believe others have run into trouble as well. If I had the video, I wouldn't want to share it either.

The video will come out eventually. Just show some patience.

I disagree, if I had the video I would just upload it anonymously.. Not too worried about being stabbed..

I disagree, if I had the video I would just upload it anonymously.. Not too worried about being stabbed..
MM said there were 8 copies. Only 5 of those copies belong to owners in a position to upload it. 5 people if few enough that if one of them were to upload it, his personal safety would be in jeopardy. It doesn't take much to go beat up 5 guys.

MM said there were 8 copies. Only 5 of those copies belong to owners in a position to upload it. 5 people if few enough that if one of them were to upload it, his personal safety would be in jeopardy. It doesn't take much to go beat up 5 guys.

Not buying it, 5 is plenty... I'm more inclined to think metro is lying

Yeah, and I'm sure you'd know.

Think about it this way, if you knew that your life would be in danger for uploading a stupid 30 second video to the internet, would you do it? If you answered yes then you must have some serious issues.

I doubt your life is in danger when there are 8 copies and 5 people have one.. Also if you at that much risk of losing your life, then why would you tell other people?

evvabeing said:
and i guess he didn't actually eat at the taste of the danforth? 'cause someone caught him getting snacks at a gas station afterwards.
Doesn't look to me like he was near enough to The Taste of the Danforth to eat or drink, even though the denial brigade keeps trying to frame it as a guy having a couple drinks at street festival. Kid who took the video says that it was on Greenwood, 2km from festival. Other video and pictures are near the Tim Horton's on that corner. And then the cops and the staff arrived. I could be wrong, but given his condition and the attention he was receiving, moving the couple subway stops to the festival would have been slow going. There are no pictures or videos from the actual location of Taste of the Danforth.

He was invited by organizers to attend, and his staff was waiting for him to help assist him attend, but he blew them both off.

He was never at Taste of the Danforth.

Because he was occupied being an undisciplined, unprofessional, slovenly drunk and full-time buffoon. And a drunk driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back