358     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 511     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 858     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here he is standing outside Riverside Fitness on the Danforth - west of Jones Ave - so he was there

https://twitter.com/Courtbot/status/366022314455883776/photo/1
Okay, thanks. Guess he did make it down the street, even with the gathering crowd and in his unbalanced condition. I'd still like to point on that he was unprofessional in not being there for the organizers and in failing to work with his own staff. I'd also like to point out that he was in his drunken condition before he ever reached the festival, that in fact he was in that condition when he was first spotted 20 feet from his vehicle. So it's unlikely a case of him just having a good average guy time with the regular folk on the street. But looks like my contention that this isn't the case because he was never there is wrong.

A friend of a friend was in the restaurant where Mayor Ford was eating. He asked her if she could tell him "where the Danforth is?". She was visiting from another country and therefore confused on many levels when it was revealed to her that that was the Mayor of Toronto. I can happily report that while mutual feelings of confusion were felt, neither the Mayor nor the woman in question felt sexually harassed by the encounter.

It's what they call a "talking point".

Not really, not when it has been brought up and explained in this thread.

Just because the Fords, their cronies, and cult keep repeating it even though it has been refuted with facts, like the claim of a "billion" dollars in reductions to the budget, well...

Just saying... if it looks like a clown, it sounds like a parrot, and wattles like a drunk...

A friend of a friend was in the restaurant where Mayor Ford was eating. He asked her if she could tell him "where the Danforth is?". She was visiting from another country and therefore confused on many levels when it was revealed to her that that was the Mayor of Toronto. I can happily report that while mutual feelings of confusion were felt, neither the Mayor nor the woman in question felt sexually harassed by the encounter.

Sounds like an SCTV skit. :)

Last edited:
Not really, not when it has been brought up and explained in this thread.

Just because the Fords, their cronies, and cult keep repeating it even though it has been refuted with facts, like the claim of a "billion" dollars in reductions to the budget, well...

Just saying... if it looks like a clown, it sounds like a parrot, and wattles like a drunk...

I think the part of the equation you're missing is that Forgotten's posts are a satirical distillation of Ford Nation talking points. Yes, they're full of lies and non-sequiturs, but they must be so in order to be true to the genuine article. The fact that people go apesh!t every time Forgotten posts is a testament to his/her finely honed skills.

I don't know if this is sad or accidentally brilliant but everyone is talking about how wasted the idiot was rather than his weird, suspicious jail visit to a childhood friend that just happened to occur prior to the people he was photographed with in front of a crack house occupied by his childhood friend getting shot, followed by the crack video story.

And not a lot of discussion about the court transcripts accounting how the boyfriend of his drugg-addled sister barged into his home and demanded money robbie owed him.

Can any robbie fan please tell me how they manage to hand-wave away the fact -- fact -- that he hangs out with a lot of people connected to drugs?

As for this discussion about whether robbie boosters are stupid? Spend five minutes on the sun comment boards.

Last edited:
I don't think Metro Man is full of shit, but he has been wrong about a lot of stuff. I don't doubt that he has insider sources and connections, but, in the brief time I've been here, he has made several false predictions, including that - during the break in the crack scandal - that Ford would be being led out in handcuffs in a few weeks time. Some of his predictions to me seem to be based more on wish fulfillment than any insider knowledge.

Some of MM's info. didn't pan out, things happened/things changed - lots of moving pieces have been in action this year and he made assumptions along with on some of the info. that he passed onto us, such as Rob Ford being lead out in handcuffs. As I recall it, he didn't say it would happen but suggested it could happen. Much more of MM's tips about what was going to go down all the way back to last winter came to pass. Me, I'm strongly in MM's camp and I think he should be thanked for all the information that he took the time to share here with us, not denigrated. Too bad most of his sources have dried up now.

We are moving ahead with the Scarborough subway and finally giving the taxpayers the world class customer service and infrastructure they deserve. Scarborough has been denied for too long by the downtown power broker elitists of this city. This is only possible because Rob Ford got our fiscal house in order by respecting each and every taxpayer dollar to save over one billion.

Rob Ford is making Toronto the best city in North America with the best customer service and the lowest taxes but people like you go on and try to perpetuate the divisions of class warfare because you just hate an average guy like Rob Ford because a) he doesn't talk like an elitist b) and more importantly he keeps his promises and does a better job as mayor than tax and spend career politicians like David Miller and Shelley Carroll who waste dollar after dollar for a decade and put us billions in debt.

Rob Ford's heart also goes out to the victims of the bus accident in Scarborough this morning. If Council had shown the leadership back in 2010 to back Rob Ford's plan for subways instead of obstructing progress and trying to block this city up with streetcars, this might have all been avoided. People like the unelected premier and Adam Vaughan don't care about the people of Scarborough, never have, never will. Today they have blood on their hands.

Subways, subways, subways! You really don't have a clue if you really think the BD line is going further into Scarborough. As for the rest of your post, well it's such nonsense it makes me wish that people had to take an IQ test before being allowed to vote.

By the way, remember this? Who had blood on their hands for what happened here? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FApkQLNB30c

It's what they call a "talking point".

No, it's one of those messy things they call facts.

...wait. a sheppard west extension!? that is projected to have lower ridership than sheppard east you know that right? especially before the DRL.

I was just taking the quote from "je1000". Transit. City is the one who put Sheppard East and Finch as higher priorities than the DRL, not me. Actually, TC put about a dozen Toronto projects ahead of the DRL.

I think the part of the equation you're missing is that Forgotten's posts are a satirical distillation of Ford Nation talking points. Yes, they're full of lies and non-sequiturs, but they must be so in order to be true to the genuine article. The fact that people go apesh!t every time Forgotten posts is a testament to his/her finely honed skills.

At times I do prove that I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box.

Now Doug Ford has said that his brother realizes that he made a mistake, regarding the Danforth drunk episode. "Rob went down there, he had a couple of drinks, he shouldn'tve. Was it right? No." He also apologized for bashing Newstalk 1010 the other day.

Last edited:
Subways, subways, subways! You really don't have a clue if you really think the BD line is going further into Scarborough. As for the rest of your post, well it's such nonsense it makes me wish that people had to take an IQ test before being allowed to vote.
Psssst! Forgotten is posting parody or sarcasm or irony or whatever you want to term it. He does it fairly well.

Psssst! Forgotten is posting parody or sarcasm or irony or whatever you want to term it. He does it fairly well.

My veins were pulsing out of my temples and I had a headache afterward. He does it very well!
Btw, I knew the guy who drove that subway, I worked with him for about half a year at an unrelated job in the late 80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back