314     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 389     1 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 1.5K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny part is: the deal with Police Association will mean fewer cops in the future in order to hod the budgetary line. This from the mayor who promised more police...

Even worse, the pay hike will likely force cuts to social services like youth programs, which will lead to higher crime rates. The Fords will probably spin this as justification.

Nice job.

Even worse, the pay hike will likely force cuts to social services like youth programs, which will lead to higher crime rates. The Fords will probably spin this as justification.

Nice job.

Don't worry. With the new jails the federal government will be building, they will have a nice place to live after they use their now unregistered firearms to commit crimes.

They're patched in in my neighbourhood - many of Riverdale's new breed of homebuyers, in the past five or ten years, are suburban as all get out. Despite what that nice Mr. Florida tells us, I get the impression that the days when the downtown was a meeting place for low-income artists, creative industry types, gay ghetto-ists and new immigrants has passed.

Toronto needs to find its Brooklyn. The place "cool" people don't even knows exists. The place that has vacant warehouses, factories and storefronts. The place that has a somewhat gritty feel. The place where a 1 room basement apartment is still less than $1000/month.

The City of York.

You mean the Brooklyn that all the rich hipsters live in?

True, it has moved on to some the post-ironic fashionableness stage now.

Also, I don't think Hamilton can be Toronto's Brooklyn as is it not already its Staten Island?

To me Hamilton would be Toronto's Newark... got some gem's of buildings and neighbourhoods but was neglected for a few decades....

I guess Scarborough is our Bronx? I think I like the Bronx better.

I think we can all agree that Brooklin is not our Brooklyn.

In other news: here's Rob Ford with a paddle. Would you like Rob Ford to paddle you?
And seriously, he really needs to get some exercise.

Attachments

• Ford.jpg
    Ford.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back