584     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 510     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's Parkwoods Plaza on York Mills near Victoria Park.

Dominion2.jpg
[/URL]

Thanks. The roofline in the old picture threw me off.

He trolled everyone very publicly on a very important news story, then threatened violence on everyone who spoke negatively of him. He then booked a plane ticket to Toronto and took a picture of the "gear" he said he was going to use to basically kill specific employees down at the Star. Every criticism against him was met with serious threats of violence.

I have a hard time feeling any sympathy for him. If I had any friends or loved ones who worked for the Star, I would be outright enraged.

More accurate would be "deserved it" rather than "was asking for it". I don't deny any of that at all - he has said a lot of stuff that simply shouldn't be said. Definitely can't argue that, and his taking-down of that stuff is at least some recognition on his part that it shouldn't have been said... whether he came to that conclusion after begin interrogated by police or whatever, who knows...

To put things in perspective - per Matt Elliott:

Quick history of Toronto operating budget surpluses. 2009: $359m; 2010: $367m; 2011: $292m; 2012: $248m.

So the headline should read: Ford produces huge drop in city surplus -- smallest in 4 years.

More accurate would be "deserved it" rather than "was asking for it". I don't deny any of that at all - he has said a lot of stuff that simply shouldn't be said. Definitely can't argue that, and his taking-down of that stuff is at least some recognition on his part that it shouldn't have been said... whether he came to that conclusion after begin interrogated by police or whatever, who knows...

I normally have a lot of sympathy when people are mentally ill (which seems to be almost a given in this case). But he's crossed way too many lines.

Teflon Rob goes on...

Oh FFS! This is awful.

I can't wait to see if/how they spin this one. "Oh, there must have never been a video! It was The Star pressuring our employees to quit! The media is against us!!"

Oh please. There was never a video to begin with. A sad day for Ford haters, wah wah wahhhhh.

must... resist... urge... to feed troll... can't... understand... how... people... can be so stupid...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what happens when you rush to publish stories when you don't have the smoking gun.

Or this is also what happens when you let an opportunity to grab the evidence slip by your fingers out of 'principle'. Ford does not work by 'principle', remember that everyone.

Oh please. There was never a video to begin with. A sad day for Ford haters, wah wah wahhhhh.

So to recap:

1. Three reporters from two news agencies based in two different countries who independently saw the video said it was Rob Ford

2. Ford disappeared for 8 days

3. When he came back, Ford never denied that he smoked crack cocaine

4. His Chief of Staff was fired for telling Ford to "get help" with his drug problem

5. Doug Ford is revealed to have been operating a drug ring in his 20s

6. Toronto Police start questioning Ford and his staffers

7. Two Ford staffers quit on ethical reasons

9. Over the next few days, 4 more staffers quit

10. Rob Ford is forced to hire unqualified friends from his (former) football team. Presumably nobody else would work for him

11. Ford continues to dodge media questioning on his cocaine use.

12. Ford has a long and well known history of drug use, well before this cocaine incident

13. Ford has a history of lying about his drug use. (Remember the drunk hockey game and weed possession denials that were debunked?)

14. Fell free to add to the list fellow UTers.

Yup. Nothing to see here. Ford is most definitely innocent.

comical_ali.jpg

What are you? delusional? If this were my son or employee, it would be 100% obvious to me that he has a drug problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back