182     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 807     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 542     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hopeful that since it was filmed on an iPhone, the seller uploaded a copy to dropbox, Google drive or some other type of alternative storage.

If it ever came out that Rob Ford paid for the video there'd probably be an even bigger shitstorm. It's so disappointing that this seems to be blowing over now, especially because of how serious it is. This whole ordeal has been one big embarrassment for the city and it's going to take years to shake off the laughable image Rob Ford has created internationally.

I'm hopeful that since it was filmed on an iPhone, the seller uploaded a copy to dropbox, Google drive or some other type of alternative storage.

If it ever came out that Rob Ford paid for the video there'd probably be an even bigger shitstorm. It's so disappointing that this seems to be blowing over now, especially because of how serious it is. This whole ordeal has been one big embarrassment for the city and it's going to take years to shake off the laughable image Rob Ford has created internationally.

the story isn't going anywhere, because the Globe and Star have not finished reporting on it.

Oh please. There was never a video to begin with. A sad day for Ford haters, wah wah wahhhhh.
How can you suggest anything so absurd?

Who are you going to believe ... an esteemed publication with an international reputation like the Toronto Star or an alcoholic druggie like Rob Ford? Given that the Toronto Sun believes the Toronto Star and not Rob Ford, it's not plausible that anyone here could really believe that the video doesn't exist, unless they are ignorant of what has happened.

If anyone had any doubt about the video, the quick departure of most of Rob Ford's staff shortly afterwards, with the confirmation that Rob Ford knew about the video.

The name calling in this thread really needs a rest. Calling people idiots or stupid because they don't feel the same way as you is not the way we should be talking to each other. Just ignore their post if it makes you that upset that you need to resort to name calling or call them on facts. I'm not telling anyone what to do, and you definitely don't have to listen to me, but it would make reading this thread much nicer and less hostile and angry.

The name calling in this thread really needs a rest. Calling people idiots or stupid because they don't feel the same way as you is not the way we should be talking to each other. Just ignore their post if it makes you that upset that you need to resort to name calling or call them on facts. I'm not telling anyone what to do, and you definitely don't have to listen to me, but it would make reading this thread much nicer and less hostile and angry.

ok, mom. but anyone defending Rob Ford or claiming that this is some big liberal conspiracy really needs to get their ass chewed off, don't you think?

Really? Quite the opposite. Ford's first order of business with the police cancelled the hiring of over 100 cops. While he let the police budget increase slightly, he stopped Miller's growth of the police force and anti-crime programs. The cops are not happy with Ford at all. Quite the opposite.

Some good notes, if there are any. I was responding to this comment though- perhaps it's different strokes for different folks; that the police do attract some conservative law-n-order folks (i.e. Fantino) despite their being on the public payroll.

Greetings...first post, but have been following since last week. Spoke to a TPS officer this weekend about this story and asked him if they were to find something on Ford, if they would hide it. He said they would, since they all love him there. Take it for what it's worth, I guess.

An interesting point gleaned from a Reddit thread on the missing tape:

Friend of his family reports that current plan is to run the clock until July recess, hit rehab over the break, and continue to pretend that nothing ever happened.

Seem like the last hope is that the copy (if it exists) that made it out of town comes to light sooner than later.

From here: http://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/1fohr9/the_rob_ford_crack_video_might_be_gone/cac88du

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back