578     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 508     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also - who would go to work for this office, at this moment, unless they had some sort of tie to the family. You don't get the best and brightest running towards jobs like these ones when the Mayor is in this kind of position. You literally take whoever shows up with the best resume and references.

It hard to imagine that they looked all that hard, seeing at they filled, what 4 positions in 5 days?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...012-with-248-million-surplus/article12338434/

One of the reasons for the surplus: $41-million surplus at the TTC, which includes fuel savings and revenue from increasing ridership.

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that Ford will not look at this and say "Hey, more ridership means more profits so maybe we need to find ways to get more people riding the TTC". Nope, he'll attribute it to his policies and his waste-cutting.

I hope I'm wrong...

Also - who would go to work for this office, at this moment, unless they had some sort of tie to the family. You don't get the best and brightest running towards jobs like these ones when the Mayor is in this kind of position. You literally take whoever shows up with the best resume and references.

They didn't say how many people they had to call before they could find someone to accept the job...

Anyone know if his giving-raises-to-staff-to-keep-them strategy was actually real? 'Cause one could say he's putting gravy on the potatoes to make 'em more palatable...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...012-with-248-million-surplus/article12338434/

One of the reasons for the surplus: $41-million surplus at the TTC, which includes fuel savings and revenue from increasing ridership.

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that Ford will not look at this and say "Hey, more ridership means more profits so maybe we need to find ways to get more people riding the TTC". Nope, he'll attribute it to his policies and his waste-cutting.

I hope I'm wrong...

To put things in perspective - per Matt Elliott:

Matt Elliott ‏@GraphicMatt 2h

Quick history of Toronto operating budget surpluses. 2009: $359m; 2010: $367m; 2011: $292m; 2012: $248m.

AoD

To put things in perspective - per Matt Elliott:

Quick history of Toronto operating budget surpluses. 2009: $359m; 2010: $367m; 2011: $292m; 2012: $248m.

Let's not pretend the Fords won't ignore that.

I remember the 2010 one - wasn't like half of it because we had a winter with nearly no snow?
The big caveat with the "surplus" is that it's only a surplus relative to what they thought they would have to spend. So if I say "oh I'm going to spend $50 this weekend" and I only spend $30, it doesn't mean I saved $20, it just means I spent less than I thought I would.

But again, I don't expect the Fords will give any of that credit, and I do think it's notable that there was $40m coming from increased ridership and fuel savings at the TTC regardless of what the surplus means. Whether or not it's historically significant, I'm not sure - but it's almost 20% of this year's surplus... can anyone provide insight on whether or not that means anything?

What are the odds the Colussi mentioned in this article is related to one of Ford's staffers with the same surname?

...Noi Folino Hair Salon held a grand reopening to celebrate their recent move to the Royal York Plaza ... . They relocated to a ground floor location within the well-known strip mall to better serve their clients.

Funny, didn't Doug Ford and Dave Price also relocate their hash empire "to a ground floor location within the well-known strip mall to better serve their clients" in the 1980s? And I wonder where the "ground floor location" of Noi Folino is in proximity to the BMO branch where Randy Ford and his associates beat and kidnapped Marco Orlando?

Also: I could be wrong, but is this a pic of "The Drift", from a time back before the Fords were the local hash kings?

s1464_fl0005_id0022.jpg

@larouxb was released this morning. He promptly made his Twitter private and took down incriminating blog posts.

He was active around 1am last night, though (and not on twitter - email)... and was active a lot of the day before making his twitter private - he took it private because he was getting harassed by other twitterers (one could argue that he was asking for it, but one could also say people can be quite harsh).

True, he did take down the wackier posts. But I feel like you're exaggerating on the timeline.

he took it private because he was getting harassed by other twitterers (one could argue that he was asking for it, but one could also say people can be quite harsh).

He trolled everyone very publicly on a very important news story, then threatened violence on everyone who spoke negatively of him. He then booked a plane ticket to Toronto and took a picture of the "gear" he said he was going to use to basically kill specific employees down at the Star. Every criticism against him was met with serious threats of violence.

I have a hard time feeling any sympathy for him. If I had any friends or loved ones who worked for the Star, I would be outright enraged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back