News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 463     0 

Restaurants/Coffee Shops - St. Lawrence/King East

Pardon me for saying this, but I initially read "Nazs" as "Nazis".

(Though it does suggest a good name for some fratboy punk band...)

Naz's Falafel House

Adma,

Yeah, the first time I read the sign in the window, that's what I saw too.

Actually, I never realized it, but this is the same name(presumably the same owner?) as the Falafel House that's been around a while on John, close to where the Hooters is, which is nice news for the St Lawrence Neighbourhood cause that place makes great falafels.

Whenever I see boxes of President's Choice Chicken Nasi Goreng in the freezer section, my thoughts inevitably turn to the cowardly former Reichsmarshall.

Of possible interest to those who live east of the St-Lawrence Market:

132 Front Street East - Between George & Frederick - Starbucks - 30 seats or less

280 King Street East - Between Princess & Berkeley - Tim Horton's - 50 seats, southeast corner

In case you didn't want to walk a few extra blocks to the existing stores!

Also, it looks like the Starbucks on King East is going where the Mr. Sub was located.

Really? That surprises me. The eastern-most corner unit in that same building is also empty (it used to be a horrible pharmacy/methadone clinic). And I've noticed almost every single other Starbucks is on a corner, though there are exceptions. 30 seats is small, though, so maybe it is the old Mr. Sub.

It appears so. May be a corporate sponsored location with no public access.

Also, it looks like the Starbucks on King East is going where the Mr. Sub was located.

I think you mean Front East. You mentioned that in your original post.

As for 280 King, a 50 Seat corporate sponsored location with no public access is quite big for a small-medium sized office building.

Perhaps they are taking over the kitchen/furniture showroom place?

There isn't a lot of pedestrian traffic around there, but perhaps with the 288 King East (the TCHC) site under way there may be more in the future.

There's one in George Brown on King East I believe.

I think you mean Front East. You mentioned that in your original post.

As for 280 King, a 50 Seat corporate sponsored location with no public access is quite big for a small-medium sized office building.

Perhaps they are taking over the kitchen/furniture showroom place?

There isn't a lot of pedestrian traffic around there, but perhaps with the 288 King East (the TCHC) site under way there may be more in the future.

There's one in George Brown on King East I believe.

That's right beaconer, I meant Front Street East. I must be in a caffeine induced haze.

The building permit says it's on the ground floor southeast corner. If it did have public access, they could draw upon any number of businesses in the area. They may also be factoring in residential traffic from new developments in the Distillery District.

That's right beaconer, I meant Front Street East. I must be in a caffeine induced haze.

The building permit says it's on the ground floor southeast corner. If it did have public access, they could draw upon any number of businesses in the area. They may also be factoring in residential traffic from new developments in the Distillery District.

The south-east corner of the ground floor of the SAS Building is currently vacant with FOR LEASE signs up. This space does have public access, quite high ceilings as well, I might add.

It will actually be nice to extend the retail wall further east from Princess to Parliament. The south-west corner is the Bulthup kitchen place.

I imagine if Toronto Sun does not depart from 333 King Street East because of the Quebecor take over and consolidation (as was murmured some time back), there may be a fair amount of customers, to go along with the other software companies in the area.

And there is a new furniture store coming to the old Reprodux space on King east. I forget the name, but it seems to be all about furniture with a lot of built in storage.

Great, another furniture store. Is Reprodux located by Kultura, or is it that other copy shop located closer to Cyrano's?

Back