News   Jul 15, 2024
 88     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Restaurants/Coffee Shops - St. Lawrence/King East

- "Swish by Han", an upscale Korean restaurant, is opening imminently on Wellington St. in the old Solferino location. The interior looks beautiful with lots of rustic wood and and exposed brick. Lets hope the food is as good as the decor.

- Pizza Nova in the base of 222 The Esplanade at Princess has moved over two doors to a bigger location. It seems a new joint called the Shwarma Place is preparing to move into the old location. There's also a building permit for enlarging one restaurant and shrinking another... Miyaki Sushi getting bigger and taking over part of the old Pizza Nova, maybe?

- It's technically a bit north of the St. Lawrence/King strip, but worth noting that the long awaited Toronto location of "Les 3 Brasseurs / The 3 Brewers" finally opens today on Yonge just south of Dundas square. It's a brewpub and restaurant chain started in France with numerous popular locations in Montreal. I have high hopes... they announced this back in 2005/2006 and have since gutted and rebuilt the historic building from the ground up, keeping only the front facade. Looks great.

I'm really looking forward to the opening of Origin - and it would great to see that parking lot reclaimed as a patio. They have a great blog. It's refreshing when a restaurant is very upfront about what to expect.

Been there twice - the owner is nice, coffee was decent. It's been there for at least 2.5 years so they must be doing something right.

Bisogno? Hands down my favourite coffee shop. They source a rotating selection of excellent coffee beans and they take their time to make it right, every time. The owner is a super nice guy who lives in the neighbourhood, and the staff he has working for him right now are also great.

Petite Thuet

According to yesterday's NOW mag, another location of the Petite Thuet patisseries is opening soon in the recently vacated Zoulpy's Deli spot on King East. They will also be making full use of the patio. Based on my visits to the one near King & Yonge, I'm very pleased: a bit pricey for daily visits, but the quality of the sandwiches and pastries is great. With hundreds of new residents about to move into the East Lofts building across the street very soon, I think they will do quite well.

http://www.nowtoronto.com/food/story.cfm?content=173055

http://www.petitethuet.com/

Nice to see this thread. I'm already partaking in the neighbourhood quite a lot lately as I wait to move into Market Wharf when it's finally built.

I'll try to contribute to this thread as much as I can, but I'll certainly be relying on you locals.

What a great neighbourhood, eh?!

Back