465     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 773     1 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Blondie pizza coming to eglinton ave e and Avenue rd

20230709_121223.jpg

Blondie pizza coming to eglinton ave e and Avenue rd

View attachment 491049

Getting ever closer to @AlbertC from all directions.

I feel like this may be a part of a plan to get Albert out of the house more by placing Blondie's at the periphery of his everyday walking zone.

Last edited:
Anyone know if Toronto's Roadside Hot Pot @ 438 Dundas (near Spadina) is gone?
It never seems to be open anymore.
Last time I passed by there, it was a Monday, so I figured maybe they are taking Mondays off now instead of Tuesdays or something...?
(would be nice to read a note in the window or something...)

Last edited:
So we've got this opening here, and Joey's opening down the street soon as well.

I think some of these firms are grossly overestimating the demand. Between those two aforementioned eateries, Cactus Club, Moxie's, Kelly's Landing, and The Keg which all serve very similar clientele, it's going to be a hard fall for one these spots.

Local Public Eatery are confirmed to be opening here:

haha, the author of this article looks quite familiar... 🤣

hint: check the front page of the UT articles

but hey good things more watering holes nearby the financial district can't complain.

Pizza Maru opening soon at Church/Gerrard in what used to be Starbucks and then Bar 808. I'm not familiar with the chain but apparently it has 600+ locations in Korea. There's another pizza place that seems somewhat similar (although Japanese) just down the road at Gerrard/Bay called Pizza Saint Tropez.

The property always seems to be in high demand but nothing ever lasts there.

PXL_20230729_140238101.jpg

Pizza Maru opening soon at Church/Gerrard in what used to be Starbucks and then Bar 808. I'm not familiar with the chain but apparently it has 600+ locations in Korea. There's another pizza place that seems somewhat similar (although Japanese) just down the road at Gerrard/Bay called Pizza Saint Tropez.

The property always seems to be in high demand but nothing ever lasts there.

View attachment 495934

"The property always seems to be in high demand but nothing ever lasts there."

I feel like most retail space within downtown Toronto correspond with this statement.

"The property always seems to be in high demand but nothing ever lasts there."

I feel like most retail space within downtown Toronto correspond with this statement.
With a few locations in Toronto already, it surprises me that Pizza Maru didn't also open up in the Korean Village. (On Bloor, between Bathurst and Christie)

A new laksa joint is opening up in Downtown Toronto (Dundas St W) located on 209 Dundas St W somewhere between University Avenue and Bay Street.

Someone on reddit commented:

"Keep an eye on Lucie, it’s a new French style restaurant that just opened in downtown. They have all the right Michelin starred trained chefs and backings. They have a 130 3 course meal option and a 185 7 course meal option.
Will be one of the next ‘hottest’ restaurant for sure."

The website of course looks fancy

Back