News   May 10, 2024
 141     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 297     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 732     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

I like the food halls. The food is typically better than the food courts, and food courts are so expensive these days that it hardly costs more.
Good Food Halls can be fantastic but the 'offerings'' need to be properly curated and kept on their toes by the 'manager'. Too often a Food Hall is only a more expensive Food Court!

The only one I go to regularly is the Assembly one, which is expensive, but is definitely not a food court. It has some great options.

i did go to one in Berlin recently and that one was really good too.

Does anyone have any details on this food hall? Where is it going, how big, how many concepts, etc...

Does anyone have any details on this food hall? Where is it going, how big, how many concepts, etc...

As far as I know, it is still under renovation; however, I tried looking up the Y&E Centre's website to see any updates. No clue was left behind.

As far as I know, it is still under renovation; however, I tried looking up the Y&E Centre's website to see any updates. No clue was left behind.
So, is the existing food court getting renovated, or are they building this new food hall somewhere else?

A new coffee shop in Toronto is serving up sandwiches and breaking down barriers for people with addiction and mental health challenges. Working for Change is a charitable organization that operates Out of This World Cafés in partnership with the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health. CBC’s Talia Ricci visited their newest spot on Queen Street West.

My understanding is the existing food court is being transformed into a "food hall"...

So here the photo update and I guess the food court is still operation and the food hall concept applied to some part of the area.

My guess is to turn the previous empty food stall into a "mini food hall"

20230825_123555.jpg

So here the photo update and I guess the food court is still operation and the food hall concept applied to some part of the area.

My guess is to turn the previous empty food stall into a "mini food hall"

View attachment 502233
LOL it looks like they are installing a hockey rink and those are the boards. just need to install the glass above and then we have a new Hockey Court for the lunch crowd. Get the Leafs to practice there once a month and you'll get lots of people in the seats.

Okay, I gotta try this and looks like the menu is very seasonal and a bit higher priced for the "farm to table".

PEI Mussels, in Toronto, is farm to table?

I mean, you can get the mussels express shipped overnight in coolers.

But I don't know if the spirit of farm to table is honored by shipping stuff over 1,600km.

I take some other issues w/the menu as written, I'm not suggesting it is not tasty, well prepared food; though I haven't eaten there, so can't attest personally one way or the other....

But overall, I don't think the menu reads as consistent w/the concept.

Last edited:
PEI Mussels, in Toronto, is farm to table?

I mean, you can get the mussels express shipped overnight in coolers.

But I don't know if the spirit of farm to table is honored by shipping stuff over 1,600km.

I take some other issues w/the menu as written, I'm not suggesting it is not tasty, well prepared food; though I haven't eaten there, so can't attest personally one way or the other....

But overall, I don't think the menu reads as consistent w/the concept.

@Northern Light

I moved the thread to "Restaurant" since it's more appropriate.

PEI Mussel is definitely not "farm to table"! I don't like how they put "gnocchi" as an appetizer as it should be an entree.

The entree section is quite pricey for what you get and it better be plated with finesse.

I am still not sure if this restaurant is more of a shareable place vs. one dish per person.

Sides should be changing every day as a "farm-to-table" restaurant.

The brunch menu looks meh so I probably wont be visiting for brunch anytime soon.

Mussels are sort of "farm to table" because they're shipped alive. And it's a highly sustainable crop.

I suspect the charcuterie type stuff is the best part of the menu.

Back