News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 393     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Frankly, I think there is a place for pre-recorded, highly produced lectures. Not really to replace teachers but to use them in a more value-added role guiding classroom discussions and working with students more directly. Probably only appropriate for children at least 12 years and older, I'd think.

It would also be great for offering enrichment to children who are being held back by the classroom laggards.
I remember being in school in the 1950's and 1960's, the teacher would show a movie (single-reel 16mm) in the classroom. We also had radio broadcasts and later TVO broadcasts on a single giant 21" television set in the classroom. Just a different format these days.

They all have their place, but we still need a real live teacher in the classroom.

Up next: dr. Death will refuse to take responsibility and fail to recognize the gross neglect of her government.

Its not just a question of taking responsibility (though that too, for sure)......

Look at this sequence:

1626193495109.png

She's just come of a portfolio that saw her battered with negative public attention.

She was in cabinet when the Autism file went haywire......very early in this government's term of office.

For one moment.....lets imagine, a stretch though it is........that she weren't actually malevolent........... or at least profoundly indifferent to those with whose care
she is charged.

Can you imagine, having just taken a PR bruising.........and walking into your new job/portfolio, fully aware of its most controversial file...............and not insisting on being fully briefed on it on a day 1?
The cabinet shuffle wasn't today, or yesterday for that matter. This person actually graduated medical school...........suggesting, in conventional terms she is academically capable.
But how could you otherwise tell?

For the second time this week. Minister Steve Clark held a presser...........that was absurd, even by Del Duca Standards!

What, pray tell was the subject of this morning's presser, that summoned media and reps from the TRCA etc etc......

1626196646366.png

It was that awe-inspiring sign in the background that they are actually hiding as they take the photo-op...........LOL OMG..........SMH.......

The communications person needs to find another line of work...........along w/their Minister.

Seriously, that's it, no added land for the Greenbelt, no new Conservation lands..........a sign..........

FFS, if it was Del Duca, at least there would have been a Tim's kiosk!

For the second time this week. Minister Steve Clark held a presser...........that was absurd, even by Del Duca Standards!

What, pray tell was the subject of this morning's presser, that summoned media and reps from the TRCA etc etc......

View attachment 334759

It was that awe-inspiring sign in the background that they are actually hiding as they take the photo-op...........LOL OMG..........SMH.......

The communications person needs to find another line of work...........along w/their Minister.

Seriously, that's it, no added land for the Greenbelt, no new Conservation lands..........a sign..........

FFS, if it was Del Duca, at least there would have been a Tim's kiosk!
They look like a "wall" for a soccer game! 😄
image-14-swansea-v-liverpool-fc-at-the-liberty-stadium-pics-david-rawcliffe-propaganda-931949600.jpg
From link.

It's a yellow card. 🟨

[…]

If I was a conspiracy-minded person, it might seem like a feeble attempt to distract from Trudeau's great national daycare tour.

I doubt the PCPO will ever agree to partly funding the costs of such a plan in this province ("why would we ever spend money on kids?!"), and the fact that Lecce was there...

I am conflicted! I am FAR from a Doug Ford supporter but removing "Woke commentary" from the introduction to the Math Curriculum seems quite sensible (or at least understandable) to me. What am I missing?

From Star:
"Premier Doug Ford says a preamble on racism and colonialism in Ontario’s new Grade 9 math curriculum was subtracted because it didn’t add up.
“In math, let’s stick with math,” Ford told reporters Thursday at the construction site of a new long-term-care home in Etobicoke.
“Other social issues, let’s talk about it, there’s no doubt, but let’s not talk about it in math. Talk about it in other courses that the schools offer,” he said, adding racial inequities should “be talked about in history (and) social studies.”

I am conflicted! I am FAR from a Doug Ford supporter but removing "Woke commentary" from the introduction to the Math Curriculum seems quite sensible (or at least understandable) to me. What am I missing?

From Star:
"Premier Doug Ford says a preamble on racism and colonialism in Ontario’s new Grade 9 math curriculum was subtracted because it didn’t add up.
“In math, let’s stick with math,” Ford told reporters Thursday at the construction site of a new long-term-care home in Etobicoke.
“Other social issues, let’s talk about it, there’s no doubt, but let’s not talk about it in math. Talk about it in other courses that the schools offer,” he said, adding racial inequities should “be talked about in history (and) social studies.”

Who put stuff like "has been used to normalize racism and marginalization of non-Eurocentric mathematical knowledges" - eek, we are using Arabic numerals, zero, algebra, algorithms, etc. Instead of loading it up ideologically perhaps it would have been better to teach kids a bit more about the history of mathematics - to actually show that the provenance of concepts in math isn't from a single country or ethnic group.

AoD

Last edited:
Who put stuff like "has been used to normalize racism and marginalization of non-Eurocentric mathematical knowledges" - eek, we are using Arabic numerals, zero, algebra, algorithms, etc. Instead of loading it up ideologically perhaps it would have been better to teach kids a bit more about the history of mathematics - to actually show that the provenance of concepts in math isn't from a single country or ethnic group.

AoD
For example, the Romans did not use zero. That's why we do not have a July zero or and August zero. We use first of July, or second of August, etc..

Back