News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 390     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

That maybe, but things like the judge being swamped out of the Zoom because of participant limits suggests to me an inadequate understanding of the software and prioritization. It sounded like an administrative faux pas. There are implications though - because this inadequate understanding can allow someone determined enough to disrupt judicial proceedings.

AoD

Oh, for sure. It's a lot more involved than 'let's get a Zoom account'. I can see how they would be scrambling in the beginning but we are, what, a year and a have into this now.

Putting aside that the 'political system' need not run this way (Quebec capped maximum donations at $100)......

A luncheon, which naturally means mask-free event seems highly questionable..........and btw, is this outdoors, because if not, I'm assuming it would be illegal.

1625495712427.png

Putting aside that the 'political system' need not run this way (Quebec capped maximum donations at $100)......

A luncheon, which naturally means mask-free event seems highly questionable..........and btw, is this outdoors, because if not, I'm assuming it would be illegal.

View attachment 332650

Yes, with the Corona variants slowly but surely infecting the folks and little guys, let's make this a $1000 super spreader. Ford and Company are incredibly tone deaf. Whilst, everyone else is forced to scale back their business, he is holding an election shindig.

Committed like he was going to give us Buck a Beer? Problem with his half baked commitments is that the PSW's are not an employee of the government. The Covid premiums were paid out to the LTC owners who were "supposed" to pay it to their employees. It must come to a surprise to some people that these bonuses were never passed on to most employees.

The Ford government suggests replacing teachers with pre-recorded video.

To be fair, the ex-Minister of Finance (now LTC) did replace himself with a video in front of a fireplace during the pandemic. Mind you, we still paid full price for him.

Speaking of MZOs:

AoD

Last edited:
The Ford government suggests replacing teachers with pre-recorded video.

Frankly, I think there is a place for pre-recorded, highly produced lectures. Not really to replace teachers but to use them in a more value-added role guiding classroom discussions and working with students more directly. Probably only appropriate for children at least 12 years and older, I'd think.

It would also be great for offering enrichment to children who are being held back by the classroom laggards.

Frankly, I think there is a place for pre-recorded, highly produced lectures. Not really to replace teachers but to use them in a more value-added role guiding classroom discussions and working with students more directly. Probably only appropriate for children at least 12 years and older, I'd think.

It would also be great for offering enrichment to children who are being held back by the classroom laggards.
Of course there is a place for 'video lectures' - just as there is a a place for textbooks and computer simulations. The point is that nothing can really replace a real live teacher and giving them all the help they need (such as good books and good videos or computer tools) is simply common sense.

I totally disagree, after spending over a year at home, educated through zoom, children need to be stimulated in the classroom and good old fashioned field trips, not animated images delivered via computers or overhead projectors. If there are "laggards" (Ugh) they can be stimulated they will be enriched and perhaps motivated and diagnosed in other ways. Why is it that only the bright students get the attention, when those who need extra attention are ignored?

Back