News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 390     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Within that narcissistic realm, I suppose they automatically think of multiple K's in terms of something kute like the Kardashians; and only "haters" and the "obsessed" would bring up KKK associations.

Oh, and re the Ford attacker: as always, it seems like the biggest grief he's been confronting hasn't been from the left, but from the right. Not the pinko social activists, but the pro-Trump "freedom" crazies. Not the NDP types, but the PPC types, etc.

Why have they set it so people can choose to be muted or have their mics on? Basic protocol for this type of thing. Only active participants should have mics.

Not only that - but who's the host and what is he/she doing? Kick everyone off, reset the meeting, put in a passcode and waiting room requirement. - and ruthlessly boot people off the moment they violate privileges. Sheesh. Do they even know how to use Zoom?

AoD

I can understand having those struggles a year ago. To not have figured it out by now is incompetence.

Especially for the courts. This isn't some grandparents wanting to Zoom with their grandkids. Though from what I've heard the legal/judicial profession is extremely slow with tech uptake generally speaking.

AoD

I attended a trial via Zoom. We were let in as observers. No cameras, no mics. Only the judge, attorneys, witnesses and accused had cameras and mics, along with the court reporter when needed. We couldn’t see who else was observing. I don’t know why that couldn’t have been done with this situation.

203765174_10165612716870221_7074035612787570946_n.jpg

From

Especially for the courts. This isn't some grandparents wanting to Zoom with their grandkids. Though from what I've heard the legal/judicial profession is extremely slow with tech uptake generally speaking.

AoD

It is; although, in their defence (see what I did there), the government as a whole has always struggled with distributed networking systems. When it comes to the legal system, they have to worry about things that the average company holding a remote meeting does not. In this example, somebody clearly dropped the ball - unless you are a court 'player', you get to sit silently and observe. I don't know enough about the tech whether they can protect the space and bandwidth needed for the mandatory participants.

In some cases with legal processes, some changes have been limited by the lack of enabling legislation (i.e. electronic signatures on documents). Also, the profession has often taken the position that the state should pay for the tech upgrades in their offices.

It is; although, in their defence (see what I did there), the government as a whole has always struggled with distributed networking systems. When it comes to the legal system, they have to worry about things that the average company holding a remote meeting does not. In this example, somebody clearly dropped the ball - unless you are a court 'player', you get to sit silently and observe. I don't know enough about the tech whether they can protect the space and bandwidth needed for the mandatory participants.

In some cases with legal processes, some changes have been limited by the lack of enabling legislation (i.e. electronic signatures on documents). Also, the profession has often taken the position that the state should pay for the tech upgrades in their offices.

That maybe, but things like the judge being swamped out of the Zoom because of participant limits suggests to me an inadequate understanding of the software and prioritization. It sounded like an administrative faux pas. There are implications though - because this inadequate understanding can allow someone determined enough to disrupt judicial proceedings.

AoD

Last edited:

Back