News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 393     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Some people come to UT to discuss and learn about architecture; others construction, planning or City building.........

But being a comprehensive source of education, we also offer Latin!
Old or Classical or Vulgar or Medieval or Renaissance or New or Contemporary Latin?

Et tu, Ford!

The Star is reporting that Dr, Williams will be replaced soon.

Local Kingston Media are also reporting that Dr. Kieran Moore who has headed the Kingston Public Health Unit is on the move to the new job.

He has a good reputation.

Kingston was one of the highest achieving public health units in contact-and-trace; so much so they loaned out personnel to help other communities in the effort.

Local Kingston Media are also reporting that Dr. Kieran Moore who has headed the Kingston Public Health Unit is on the move to the new job.

He has a good reputation.

Kingston was one of the highest achieving public health units in contact-and-trace; so much so they loaned out personnel to help other communities in the effort.

Kind of late in the game to replace the Williams with someone reputable. I guess the utilitarian value of puppets is almost over like the pandemic itself.

AoD

Last edited:
Kind of late in the game to replace the Williams with someone reputable. I guess the utilitarian value of puppets is almost over like the pandemic itself.

AoD
Not really sure this is fair, Dr Williams was certainly not a good communicator but... It is also worth remembering that he was planning to retire last December and was re-appointed until September. Clearly it is best that his successor be appointed (and 'on the job') as soon as (if not before) he leaves. Dr Moore DOES have a good rep and has been chair of the group representing all Ontario Medical Officers of Health.

Not really sure this is fair, Dr Williams was certainly not a good communicator but... It is also worth remembering that he was planning to retire last December and was re-appointed until September. Clearly it is best that his successor be appointed (and 'on the job') as soon as (if not before) he leaves. Dr Moore DOES have a good rep and has been chair of the group representing all Ontario Medical Officers of Health.

Yep I am keenly aware he was on the way out to retirement regardless - but the very fact that his term was extended despite his record of inutility as the front-facer; and especially his non-sequiturs on matters where the clarity and accuracy is of paramount importance? Compare and contrast to Donnelly's fate over at PHO.

AoD

Last edited:
Yep I am keenly aware he was on the way out to retirement regardless - but the very fact that his term was extended despite his record of inutility as the front-facer; and especially his non-sequiturs on matters where the clarity and accuracy is of paramount importance? Compare and contrast to Donnelly's fate over at PHO.

AoD
Yes, Donnelly the CEO of PHO went on sick leave and never returned (See: https://www.cp24.com/news/head-of-p...ping-down-permanently-citing-health-1.5008317 ). Clearly PHO were unprepared to replace him and in fact have not done so after a year. Ms Geiger (she is not an MD) is still there in an acting role. Probably NOT good if Dr Williams had left before a permanent replacement was named and available to get to work.

I got to thinking and it may also have been logistically impossible to do in 24 hours.

Think about it. They need to clean, prep and figure out how to issue tickets to people they have no contact with all in 24 hours.

Nice idea but logistically it would have been almost impossible to pull off.

Event spaces are almost always left in a clean state. It's expected it would be cleaned after every use.

It's also not hard to issue digital passes these days.

To be honest though, I don't think Ford should be blamed for this - I think allowing mass participation at a game just isn't a thing to do when everyone else is unable to do so (even if they are vaccinated) - it frankly sends the wrong message.

AoD

Back