News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 396     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

My constant question is this: what has been done to schools to improve the air quality? We know this is an airborne disease so if that hasn't been addressed,
Will no one think of the children?!

My wife works in a TDSB high school. Each classroom just received a portable air purifier, costing I believe close to $100k per school. Seems like a waste to me, better to open the windows and expose the kids to all the germs that served as the foundations of our immune systems.

Will no one think of the children?!

My wife works in a TDSB high school. Each classroom just received a portable air purifier, costing I believe close to $100k per school. Seems like a waste to me, better to open the windows and expose the kids to all the germs that served as the foundations of our immune systems.
I had a Latin teacher in high school who would open all the windows at the beginning of class, even during the colder months. Refreshed the brain as well as the air, it did.

I had a Latin teacher in high school who would open all the windows at the beginning of class, even during the colder months. Refreshed the brain as well as the air, it did.
Did it help your learning? (Or maybe I - or Google Translate since I forgot all my Latin - should say "Utrum sit doctrina auxiliatus sum tui?")

The Latin teacher's joke:

A Roman walks into a bar and asks for a martinus. “You mean a martini?” the bartender asks.​
The Roman replies, “If I wanted a double, I would have asked for it!”​

Confusion and blame-spreading?

Just listening to Ford's presser where he, predictably, says Trudeau needs to close borders. Then you have the experts saying:

It’s time to end Canada’s quarantine-hotel program for air travellers, COVID-19 panel says​

By Stephanie LevitzOttawa Bureau
He says whatever. When asked about school reopening, he said schools had higher case numbers than workplaces. When schools were open, he said schools weren't the problem. Someone should ask him what stats he is using to support his border claims.

Did it help your learning? (Or maybe I - or Google Translate since I forgot all my Latin - should say "Utrum sit doctrina auxiliatus sum tui?")
I don't know about the learning, but she sure captured our attention.

1622234621690.png

At the beginning of Covid we sent incoming airliners to CF bases and housed all passengers in barracks for two weeks. Why did we stop that? Where's the downside in closing all the airports but instead sending all passenger planes to the bases for quarantine?

At the beginning of Covid we sent incoming airliners to CF bases and housed all passengers in barracks for two weeks. Why did we stop that? Where's the downside in closing all the airports but instead sending all passenger planes to the bases for quarantine?

There were like what, 2 or 3 planes evacuating Canadians in Wuhan (not all incoming airliners), and they were housed at the hotel on the base (not barracks). Not exactly the same neighbourhood of numbers as even the greatly reduced commercial airline traffic now (or then). It's an entirely different scale.

AoD

There were like what, 2 or 3 planes evacuating Canadians in Wuhan (not all incoming airliners), and they were housed at the hotel on the base (not barracks). Not exactly the same neighbourhood of numbers as even the greatly reduced commercial airline traffic now (or then). It's an entirely different scale.

AoD
If the number of flights was the issue then shut them down. These folks claiming essential travel are full of cr#p by my book.

If the number of flights was the issue then shut them down. These folks claiming essential travel are full of cr#p by my book.

Shutting down international arrivals may be one argument (although there is the question of stranded Canadian citizens) but diversion to CFBs is not feasible. They are not resorts and could not handle the volume. I think two or four flights went to Trenton and some pax were bussed on to the NavCan Centre in Cornwall. The only way they could even accommodate that was training was suspended in the early days. Many may be surprised how few active military airfields there are in Canada, let alone those that are in small communities such as Greenwood NS and Cold Lake AB.

Perhaps the school had this as the motto:

SEMPER•VBI•SVB•VBI

Always wear underwear (literally: Always where under where)

Back