News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 395     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Does nearly running down a cop when fleeing from police qualify?
Well, that's a good point. But yes, sadly, even that falls short of *actually* running over and killing a cop (cf. Sgt. Ryan Russell).

Though what's interesting re Rob Carbone is this

Speaking near his Toronto home on Monday afternoon, Carbone said that he had given some support to Saccoccia over the last nine months or so but began to part ways with him. According to Carbone, the threats came when he refused to offer financial support to Saccoccia and his movement.
“I said, ‘You know what Chris, we’re pretty much done with all this, your entire movement. We’re done.’ He snapped,” Carbone said.

“That’s when he started yelling and screaming from the top of his lungs and said that he wants to kill Doug Ford and shoot him in the head.”
Carbone said that Saccoccia made threats against him and all the premiers of Canada.
Yeah, it really seems to be all about the money--and, one surmises, money his family won't provide on his behalf.

And come to think of it, given the shadiness of his connections, I wouldn't be surprised if *he* winds up being the subject of violence, perhaps through debts not paid--which'd put a different dimension to his desperation for money...

Interesting polling. Lots of undecided people. E2V2YzGWEAQvaHf.jpg

My constant question is this: what has been done to schools to improve the air quality? We know this is an airborne disease so if that hasn't been addressed, I don't think schools should open. If you can't vaccinate under 12s and teachers and staff havent been fully vaccinated, that's a huge problem.
The irony is my daughter's school was set to have an overhaul of the HVAC system during summer break of 2018. Guess whose near-immediate cuts to education led to the TSDB without the money to do so?

My constant question is this: what has been done to schools to improve the air quality? We know this is an airborne disease so if that hasn't been addressed, I don't think schools should open. If you can't vaccinate under 12s and teachers and staff havent been fully vaccinated, that's a huge problem.

Not much can be done really. Alot of the TDSB schools are a hodgepodge of facilities created by the Toronto Board of Education, Scarborough Board of Education, etc.

They are all outdated and most of them were built with radiant heat in mind. They were never built with proper ductwork other than a few vents here and there.

I don't think you could adequately retrofit Central Tech or Jarvis Collegiate for example given their age. Other schools like my former high school Birchmount Park Collegiate and my former elementary schools (General Brock, Edgewood, Walter Perry, Vradenburg, St Margaret's) were all built in the 1950s or 1960s. Back then the general consensus was to open a window.

Short of a complete tear down and rebuild there is not much you can do in the way of a retrofit.

Typical, he tried it his way and we all know the flack he is getting, this time he wants make the other guys responsible and blame and point his finger in case there is a 4th wave.
Though I am happy to see that Mr Ford MAY be paying proper attention to experts, a leader's job is to evaluate the advice he gets and make a choice. Some scientific/medical experts recommend re-opening, some do not and Ford should get a Report that explains the varying views and who holds them.. He should then look at the views from educators and maybe even politicians and CHOOSE. If we wanted to be ruled by a consensus of doctors, educators and scientists we would not need a premier! Clearly he realises he screwed up big time with opening too fast in the past and now wants someone to take the blame if it happens again. ((Of course, if it works out well he will claim all the credit!)

Doug Ford can WRITE? When did Doug learn to write? He skipped high school classes and dropped out of Humber College after two months. When and how did he learn the write (and read for that matter)?

Who was the "ghost" writer?

He probably hand-printed his ramblings using yellowed lined paper from a Grand & Toy stack he's had collecting dust since the 90's because he doesn't know how to use a computer.

This is our leader, folks.

Not much can be done really. Alot of the TDSB schools are a hodgepodge of facilities created by the Toronto Board of Education, Scarborough Board of Education, etc.

They are all outdated and most of them were built with radiant heat in mind. They were never built with proper ductwork other than a few vents here and there.

I don't think you could adequately retrofit Central Tech or Jarvis Collegiate for example given their age. Other schools like my former high school Birchmount Park Collegiate and my former elementary schools (General Brock, Edgewood, Walter Perry, Vradenburg, St Margaret's) were all built in the 1950s or 1960s. Back then the general consensus was to open a window.

Short of a complete tear down and rebuild there is not much you can do in the way of a retrofit.
Indeed not much can be done, however there are ways to "circulate" air in the classrooms by installing portable Hepa filter air exchangers in the classrooms. No retrofitting needed but might be deemed too costly by the board and or government.

Back