461     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.9K     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 721     1 

Politics: Tim Hudak's Plan for Ontario if he becomes Premier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hudak isn't going to win any seats in urban Toronto so it doesn't matter if he pisses transit users off. His platform is meant to make rural and suburban voters giddy with the possibility of him screwing over Toronto.

Somehow I doubt Hudak win many seats in suburban Toronto either.

Apparently Ford Math[sup]TM[/sup] is contagious...

"...the million jobs plan, collapsed when analysts looked closely at the math."

also from that article:
The result was that the half million jobs the Progressive Conservatives were promising to create with their plan (base-case economic growth was expected to provide the other half-million jobs) was really only about 75,000—fewer than the 100,000 public-sector jobs they were pledging to eliminate.

So HALF the jobs were going to happen doing nothing, whoever is in charge. And the other half aren't going to happen at all and actually amount to a 25k net loss if the PC's are elected and implement this plan... That's a plan I think everyone needs to be familiar with before they vote.

Looks like Hudak went to the same school to learn math as Rob Ford:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...-math-used-in-pcs-million-jobs-plan-1.2657108

Even with different economics debunking his 1,000,000 jobs plan, he prefers to stick his head in the sand...Typical Rob Ford behaviour, everyone is wrong and I'm right...

This guy should get a refund from the school that he got his degree in economics from..

His economist being a member of the American Tea Party probably doesn't help

The guy's job plan basically counts every job created X 8. So he thinks that if one job is created which last 8 years, it means he's created 8 jobs. There's no way this guy isn't related to Rob Ford.

So does Sir Michael Philip "Mick" Jagger (of the Rolling Stones). I wouldn't go to Mike for economic suggestions, though they might be better than Tim's.

Jagger attended the LSE as an undergrad but dropped out. Hudak has a Masters Degree in Econ.

Economics is one of those pseudo sciences like meteorology.

Don't read too much into it... Economics in academia are a flipping joke... No basis whatsoever in practical application.

Economics is a broad field as well. Just because Hudak graduated in economics doesn't mean he has studied Labour Economics extensively or know wtf he is talking about. Or worse, he knows exactly what he is talking about and is playing us with these lies and faulty economics in order to win votes.

And I'd disagree on Economics being a useless field. In terms of practical application of formulas and stuff, then yah, it is all horseshit due to ceteris paribus. However, that shouldn't discount the very real-world applications and consequences of fiscal and monetary policies as well as general macroeconomic laws and principles. Are we not discussing application of Economics right now in regards to Hudak's 100k job plan? My suggestion is to not make Economics into something that it is not (It is no hard science regardless of what econometrics professors say), treat Economics as a theory-based field and keep expectations low.

The guy's job plan basically counts every job created X 8. So he thinks that if one job is created which last 8 years, it means he's created 8 jobs. There's no way this guy isn't related to Rob Ford.
So divide a million jobs by 8, and we've got 125,000 jobs. But he's going to fire 100,000. So 25,000.

Though in last 4 years or so we've had 500,000 new jobs. So really we're going to lose 425,000 jobs with Hudak instead of gain 1,000,000.

(perhaps I'm out a bit ... but we'll all be using Hudak math by then with all the teachers he is firing.

We can also apply his math to the other end, and assuming 8 job years for the 100,000 jobs cut, a total loss of 800,000 jobs.

Hey, we still end up with 200,000 jobs, right?

Looks like Hudak went to the same school to learn math as Rob Ford:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...-math-used-in-pcs-million-jobs-plan-1.2657108

Even with different economics debunking his 1,000,000 jobs plan, he prefers to stick his head in the sand...

Seems the same economists think this head in sand act is very similar to the Liberal one continuing to say they will balance the budget by 2017.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/0530-elxn-chianello

Seems the same economists think this head in sand act is very similar to the Liberal one continuing to say they will balance the budget by 2017.
I'm not sure that saying that the Liberals haven't released enough information to assess the budget one way or another is anywhere close to a deliberate attempt by Hudak to deceive the people of Ontario about hist one million job plan. The Liberal plan is costed in far more detail than either the PC or NDP plans to balance the budget one year earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back