News   Apr 24, 2024
 323     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 526     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 482     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

"Berates"... I hate words used to stir up the masses through links surely which will make facebook. I would be frustrated as well and I think he explained himself reasonably. These videos just make me think that people are looking for reasons to criticize.

The Star has posted a video of a moderately frustrated Justin Trudeau at a meeting w/First Nations representatives in Saskatchewan.

The frustration arose as a result of a larger than planned group showing up, and each person running on, when the meeting was only scheduled to last an hour.

There is a great deal that could be discussed about policy in this area, under any government.

I have to say though, I think the Prime Minister's frustration is reasonable.

Though, the time-allotment would have been tight even with a much smaller group, assuming one was aiming for meaningful dialogue of any kind.

It's amazing what qualifies as a scandal. Trudeau and his office have some responsibility for how it was all organized, but his politely expressed frustration is understandable.

Who's viewing this as a scandal?
you may not be... but i have plenty of weirdo ultra conservative people on my facebook who will eat this up and play it out like its a scandal suggesting not to vote Trudeau in the next election. As if Harper did anything for these communities...

Reactions: syn
you may not be... but i have plenty of weirdo ultra conservative people on my facebook who will eat this up and play it out like its a scandal suggesting not to vote Trudeau in the next election. As if Harper did anything for these communities...

True. That's silly. There are a lot of good reasons to not vote for Trudeau. Pretending to care about what people he pays lip service to have to say may not be one of them.....or, nah, it is.
I just don't understand who thought an hour was a reasonable amount of time to hear what these people had to say. Poor planning is probably an overly nice way of describing it.

Yeah, lol at Harper in this context. Nice one.

An hour? I swear I spend more time talking to my friends about dumb shit, like how many stars there are in the sky.

If the idea was to sincerely hear people's views on issues affecting them (which he claims to be all about, especially with FNs) then I'm not sure I see the point in a mere hour. If he's so busy, why not send his two ministers in charge of FNs issues?
But the purpose was to have a photo op, but to hear anyone else's opinion.

The Star has posted a video of a moderately frustrated Justin Trudeau at a meeting w/First Nations representatives in Saskatchewan.

The frustration arose as a result of a larger than planned group showing up, and each person running on, when the meeting was only scheduled to last an hour.

There is a great deal that could be discussed about policy in this area, under any government.

I have to say though, I think the Prime Minister's frustration is reasonable.

Though, the time-allotment would have been tight even with a much smaller group, assuming one was aiming for meaningful dialogue of any kind.

From someone who sat in on many FN council meetings in a past life, this is not unusual. The FN style of governance is to give everyone their say, even if it is to repeat, at length, the person right next to them or cover an issue already dealt with. It often seemed that the goal was to talk rather than resolve. It seems that even at the regional or grand chief level it is still prevalent. What is surprising is that he wasn't prepared for it, either through personal experience or briefing.

I certainly don't see it as 'berating' or a 'scandal'. He expressed a frustration, so did the other parties. If they ever hope to get things done all parties need to distill the issues down and come to a consensus. One problem is there is not one 'first nation' and they all have their own agendas.

It's such a grainy video. Was it shot in 2004 on an old flip phone?

In any case, I think it shows that Trudeau isn't a "natural" politician. But it looks like only water was available at the meeting, and I always get testy when I don't have access to caffeine.

Last edited:
The CPC shouldn't be gloating over this defection. Bernier leaving the party and creating his own is a huge problem for them.

I agree and they do have Trudeau who seems to want to double down and run on a Carbon Tax federally imposed on them.

Should have allowed the Tories to pick up a lot of seats in suburban Ontario but the split of the right will stop that.

The CPC shouldn't be gloating over this defection. Bernier leaving the party and creating his own is a huge problem for them.

It should be good news for centrists though. Bernier roots out the far right libertarian and theocratic electorate and leaves Scheer with the moderates. It makes the CPC more marketable to a broader segment of the population in effect. This could work to siphon away Blue Liberals from Trudeau.

Back