1K     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 666     0 

Pearson T1 - Pier F

Status
Not open for further replies.
simply Dan and myself took some pics as well on Sunday. Will try to post tonight!

Some more pics to add to our growing collection...

DSCN2276.jpg

DSCN2277.jpg

DSCN2279.jpg

DSCN2280.jpg

DSCN2282.jpg

DSCN2283.jpg

DSCN2284.jpg

DSCN2285.jpg

DSCN2287.jpg

DSCN2289.jpg

DSCN2291.jpg

DSCN2294.jpg

DSCN2295.jpg

DSCN2297.jpg

DSCN2299.jpg

DSCN2302.jpg

DSCN2303.jpg

DSCN2304.jpg

Nice pics. It's such a big improvement- very bright and airy with plenty of natural light. Really like that sculpture as well.

I agree - great improvement. However, where's all the retail? In comparison to other airports, I think it’s a lost opportunity to capitalize on a captive audience.

I know there will be more retail going in but I wish they would put in some really good retail. Those shops really came in handy during my 6 hour layover at Heathrow.

But I wish the Heathrow Paul Smith shop had better stuff. When I was there in October the Liberty shop wasn't stocking those lovely men's shirts with William Morris designs any more either. I did get a small Bally wallet though - sleek and minimalist, but with a tiresome little silver BALLY pippypoo logo that I daren't try to remove.

There are so many more products I might have bought over the years if it weren't for the obnoxious branding on them! If I am paying a reasonable price for a product, why must I advertise the maker? Rarely does a corporate logo sit smartly enough on a product to justify the mess that it adds to the product's look.

Heathrow has a nice little seafood bar in the departure lounge: there's nothing like a half dozen ersters and some smoked salmon washed down with bubbly to set your tummy right before takeoff. I wish Pearson had something similar.

^
Hopefully not as insanely expensive as the one at Heathrow.

Their pricing keeps the erster riffraff out - those people have all the other eateries to choose from.

What Heathrow T3 gains in good retail in the main departure lounge it loses in the depressingly spartan gate lounges. I'm not a fan of the Heathrow shopping mall cattlepen, I prefer the more dispersed system at Pearson. It seems so much rewarding; you might actually find something interesting if you go for a walk around.

On my last trip I came through the Executive class security line... it doesn't send you on the mile-long winding path through the duty free, which I otherwise find slightly insulting.

But yes, Pearson could do with more than the variations on two themes; bars with the same overpriced food and shops with the same overpriced books and merch.

Haha...I ate at that place once. I got into Heathrow after an hours-delayed flight exhausted, bleary-eyed, and famished. I waslked up to that bar, the first open restaurant I could find. I glanced at the menu with my half-open eyes and ordered a salad. My eyes nearly bulged out of my head when the bill came back: 18 pounds! At least it woke me up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back