News   Jul 09, 2024
 483     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.3K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 537     0 

One City Hall Condos (Diamante, 16s, Hariri Pontarini) COMPLETE

Also, it ties together the area farther south (NPSquare, Queen Street) with the Bay Street residential canyon north of Dundas. I look forward to the next phase of this development.

I am not sure about the copper coloured balconies. They look unpainted, unfinished (they are certainly not copper) and cheap. I am not even sure how it relates to the rest of the building.

I am not sure about the copper coloured balconies. They look unpainted, unfinished (they are certainly not copper) and cheap and they certainly do not seem to be copper. I am not even sure how it relates to the rest of the building.

if you look closely the brown colour from the balconies flows onto the wall

That one turned out ok. I often use the bus terminal, and I've noticed that if I look up from inside the departures bay I can see peoples windows. What it really means is that people in the higher units have to look down on the bus terminal all day.

The copper colour works well. It takes away from any sense of the building looking too slab-like.

i love u!

Diamante really knows how to build quality products! You can really see their Italian heritage--quality craftsmanship in one city hall. My favourite new building in toronto overall from the past 5 years' condo boom; wish more similar scale+design were filling in the holes around city place, LV and many more empty parking lots around town. The location is a bit yucky though: i've heard the bus terminal has the highest level of pollution in the gta. Perhaps one day someone will build a "greyhound terminal" condo out of the historic facade? I wonder if they'll do an A+ job on landscaping: please!

btw, my first post: i've been sneaking freebie peaks@ez board for over 4.5 years. Have always loved it. Just joined ssp too (to post on vancouver forum) after lurking for years. Nice site guys urban design+architecture+urban planning and development is one of my obsessions. From reading the Toronto Star Condo section beginning almost a decade ago--i've arrived home. Hope i can contribute some streetscapes (i'd like to show the world the "hidden" toronto--residential and neighbourhoods outside of downtown.) One other suggestion: perhaps a lowrise section devoted to showing new homes/townhomes under construction? Just to compare with other locales?

Sorry to go OT but i'm excited:)

In which case, welcome to the board. You have already claimed for yourself the title of "most gushingly arbitrary defender of 1 City Hall" (I do the same duty for the Ryerson Business School down the street, don't worry).

Hope i can contribute some streetscapes (i'd like to show the world the "hidden" toronto--residential and neighbourhoods outside of downtown.) One other suggestion: perhaps a lowrise section devoted to showing new homes/townhomes under construction?

Welcome, fellow dreamer.

Those are both great ideas, especially the 'hidden' TO one - most people have no idea just how many great 'hoods there are in this town.

Never really cared for this one, but sometimes the extra little details help bring a mundane design up a few notches.

Welcome urbandreamer. Do you actually live in the Junction neighbourhood? If so, one of your somewhat "hidden" neighbourhoods would be your own, and I'll bet you could get some good photos for us! I like that area; I think it's a great example of what can be done to upgrade an area that used to be a bit sketchy, it's now one of the most interesting around.

I know but I am still not sure why just a patch of the building was done in this copper coloured cladding.

Would it look better if the whole thing were smothered in coper? I think just a bit of coper adds some variety and class.

Its not copper. Its rust coloured aluminum. I don't think its even pretending to be copper (and if it is, it fails horribly. Up close, it looks even worse).

I like the massing of this one and the design is more refined than most recent condos. However I must admit that when I first saw the 'copper' my reaction was that it made the building appear incomplete or under repair. Perhaps it will grow on me.

I like the accent provided by the brown cladding on a section of this building: it breaks up the slab into nice, bite-sized pieces, by adding some complimentary variety.

Back