Oct 10 Ontario Election: Predict the Result

What will be the result

• NDP Majority (you never know)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Liberals will get about 64 seats or so. The NDP will get 14, the Tories 29.

I'm hoping MMP at least cracks 50% if it's not going to pass.

BC got 58% in favour (60% to pass) and it doesn't seem to have much for legs over there.

I think electoral reform is dead in Canada for good decade when Ontario's referendum fails to pass.

Yes, I agree with the Liberals some times.... You might think this funny, but the Liberal party was the first membership I had.... I moved to the right, the Liberals have moved to the Left.

I did not consider the proposal to be fixing -- only tinkering with the system to make it have the worst of many systems. I would consider preferential ballot system, but not a system that strengthens the party discipline.

It's very disappointing MMP didn't pass. It's understandable though; they did a poor job in advertising it and educating the public. Doing it during the election, when everyone was focused on the race, was the absolute worst time to do it.

That was very disappointing. And you had the Liberal Toronto Star saying the current first-past-the-post system isn't broken.

Though I wonder if the hypocrites on the editorial board (who push for cities, poverty, environment, etc, except during the election!) would have said the same thing in 1990, 1995 or 1999.

Lol

this poll was taken before john tory threw the election. lets conduct another poll so we can compensate for john tory's remarks.

It's very disappointing MMP didn't pass. It's understandable though; they did a poor job in advertising it and educating the public. Doing it during the election, when everyone was focused on the race, was the absolute worst time to do it.

I understood it, and I voted NO. I actually think a lot of people understood what they were voting on... they just did not think it was the best solution.

The only people pushing one side or the other was the pro-MMP group, they had people out in the financial core on a regular basis.

Assuming it failed because everyone was uninformed and uneducated -- just because a result did not go your way is sour grapes (IMHO). I constantly heard people debating the merits of YES/NO for that question at work.

Maybe the reason why the Green party did not get elected because everyone is uninformed and uneducated (as well) :eek:

I believe the results worked out close to what I figured would happen -- the NDP/Green's etc voted for MMP; those supporting the Liberals and Conservatives tended to vote no....

Back