Oct 10 Ontario Election: Predict the Result

What will be the result

• NDP Majority (you never know)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder if McGuinty's upload promise will have an effect?

I wonder if anyone is paying attention to this impending election?

This election hardly seems on anyone's radar. Even more radarless is the referendum we are having the same day. Still, this will all probably change post-Labour Day.

I think McGuinty thinks his uploading announcement will neutralize Toronto discontent and sadly it probably will.

The Toronto Star is supportive with an editiorial entitled "Welcome news on downloading". Wow! $250 million a year for all municipalities! Excitement!

So Darkstar, sadly, you might be right.

What do you guys want? For Toronto to get 100% of the money and no one else? There are other municipalities in Ontario, you know.

Where are you getting that idea?

We want a solution to the problem of downloading that has crippled Toronto but hurt other cities hard as well. Uploading will benefit all municipalities, McGuinty's just not offering nearly enough.

What do you guys want? For Toronto to get 100% of the money and no one else? There are other municipalities in Ontario, you know.

The new mayor of Ottawa ran on a zero percent tax position. Taxes will rise by a minimum of five percent now. The reason is that there is not enough money to cover city needs and the responsibilities downloaded by the province.

So no, Toronto is not alone in this situation. But as the largest city in the province, and one with particular demands that amplify the negative impacts of downloading, it deserves some immediate attention.

I am hoping for a Liberal minority vs Liberal majority.

I remember the last majority, the Liberals broke most promises the day after the election.

I want to see them try and figure out how to keep all of their promises -- I think it would be fun to watch. :rolleyes:

I'm now looking at this and seeing that this will most certainly be another McGuinty majority, and the opposition will be weak as the NDP for sure, and possibly the Tories will be in leadership transition. I can only hope for a few things at this point - that there's a new finance minister (I absolutely destest Sorbara), that McGuinty finally does more about downloading (which he should), and that the Conservatives either keep Tory or pick another Red Tory - it would be potentially disasterous if they picked another neo-con, as in 2011, Harris would be a distant memory.

That is why I cut off votes early. I was curious as to what people predicted early on and what they predict now.

the PC's will keep Tory. Aside from the Faith Based Schools slip up, he was doing rather well in this election. With a few more years of experience, he may have the ability to win over the populace in 2011.

Why would you vote for Dalton McGuinty? The only time he ever makes promises is right before an election and the day after they're all swept aside.

I loved how on the news a few days ago he went to shake a man's hand and asked how he was doing and the man left him standing like an idiot and said, "I have cancer and you're doing nothing to help me."

Back