NXT & NXT2 Condos (Cresford Developments) - Real Estate -

Has anyone performed their PDI yet? How much time was allotted? Any pointers and what to look for?

Wow! Thats awesome, who is taking the pix? Have you been up there yourself? Any idea as to how wide the balcony's are?
3'ish?

A friend took them, who was interested in purchasing a unit on the same floor, so they took him up. We had to buy off paper, even though it was only a few weeks earlier, they would not let us see it.

Got a letter yesterday for a meet and greet this Sat morning at the sales office. I think we can book our PDIs then.

Pdi

I have already booked my PDI date - September 7th 2010....
So i assume my scheduled occupancy date of September 28th is still a possibility (10th floor).

So i completed my PDI today and after a year of excitement I never thought I would be so disappointed by the quality control that Cresford has for its contractors - a list of 36 issues including scratched/scuffed flooring (30% of my floors were covered in scratches, scuffs, glue, paint drips). Each of my kitchen cabinets had some type of issue, mostly chips in the corners and a couple of them had another "gluey" type substance all over them and although I tried scrubbing with water - it did not help. My unit must have also received the worst paint job I have ever seen in my entire life - words cannot even explain, but it kind of felt like touching pavement....hmmm what else, oh neither of my sliding doors (to go to the balcony) would slide without the force of two grown men...and I could go on and on - but I am so pissed off I wouldn't know how/when to stop.

For any of you that have been keeping your fingers crossed that this process would go smoothly and that you would walk into a unit with only minor issues - I'm betting you will also be disappointed by the results.

Now I need to sit back and pray that the useless tools that this developer has hired to finish each suite can actually fix the issues they caused.

Im sorry to hear that but Thanks for posting your PDI info... I have my PDI on September 22nd and will definetly let you know what I find... Also did assign you a parking spot? Locker? When did they say the fizes will be done by?

fmcristiano,

I'm afraid that the real nightmare for you (and other new owners) begins now.

You will be waiting months and months and months and will be told BS stories over and over and over again. They will never call you when they say they will. They will never follow up on problems when they say they will. They will simply not care. That is the Cresford way.

You will need patience like you won't believe. Many Casa owners could benefit from a support group from the crap Cresford has dished out.

I just heard that an owner at Casa is finally having his horribly-done backspash replaced... but guess what... he had to fight with them because they insisted on re-doing it the cheap way by putting the new tiles directly on top of the old horribly done tiles. Unbelieveable. Do not let them get away with nonsense like that with you.

Please let us all know how it goes for you (especially if they actually improve).

Cresford should get into the unfinished "white box" condo business because it sounds like they're sloppy with their finishes and make it difficult for buyers to get the quality they expect.

fmcristiano>
Sorry to hear about that. I just had my PDI as well and I encountered some scratched floor area as well but nothing to the magnitude as described by you. I guess I felt ok about my PDI. Hope it turns out ok for you.

Are you guys planning to paint your walls? What color(s) would go well with the dark floors and also the dark cabinetry? Would you paint your bedroom/living room/dining room/bathroom in the same or different colors? Thx.

Im sorry to hear that but Thanks for posting your PDI info... I have my PDI on September 22nd and will definetly let you know what I find... Also did assign you a parking spot? Locker? When did they say the fizes will be done by?

No they didn't assign me anything as of yet...

The fixes are also not guaranteed to be completed by my occupancy (September 27th) - which is BS, but now that a day has passed I am less furious and just dealing with reality.

fmcristiano,

I'm afraid that the real nightmare for you (and other new owners) begins now.

You will be waiting months and months and months and will be told BS stories over and over and over again. They will never call you when they say they will. They will never follow up on problems when they say they will. They will simply not care. That is the Cresford way.

You will need patience like you won't believe. Many Casa owners could benefit from a support group from the crap Cresford has dished out.

I just heard that an owner at Casa is finally having his horribly-done backspash replaced... but guess what... he had to fight with them because they insisted on re-doing it the cheap way by putting the new tiles directly on top of the old horribly done tiles. Unbelieveable. Do not let them get away with nonsense like that with you.

Please let us all know how it goes for you (especially if they actually improve).

Thanks for the words of support lol

I could tell by the reaction I got from the rep that was with me during the PDI yesterday that she could give two massive loads of bull crap about my issues, complaints and has likely been through this so many times that she was numb to the whole situation ...... she just stood there like a tin man with an expression of " i dont give a f**k on her face".

If things do improve I will let you know - but i dont expect this to be an easy process but will be sure to use the legal system and tarion to my full advantage (pays off to be engaged to a real estate lawyer as well) lol.

We should take a survey/poll amongst NXT buyers who did their PDIs to see what the consensus is...scary to hear that some have experienced really bad service and sub-std quality in their flats.

Back