NXT & NXT2 Condos (Cresford Developments) - Real Estate -

onfence ... there will be no listings on MLS for NXT because the building is not registered yet ... the Toronto Real Estate Board prohibits public offering/advertising of units which have not been constructed yet (to reduce flippers selling 'assignments') ... so if you want a unit in NXT, you'll have to buy either from Cresford or from someone who's has already purchased (like br1828) who is selling their Agreement of Purchase & Sale through an 'assignment'

onfence ... there will be no listings on MLS for NXT because the building is not registered yet ... the Toronto Real Estate Board prohibits public offering/advertising of units which have not been constructed yet (to reduce flippers selling 'assignments') ... so if you want a unit in NXT, you'll have to buy either from Cresford or from someone who's has already purchased (like br1828) who is selling their Agreement of Purchase & Sale through an 'assignment'

Thx, so that means even w/ developer consent, potential assignors cannot list on the MLS?

that's correct onfence ... assignments (even if consented to by developer) can not be listed on the MLS

Yes it is an induction stove top. The one thing Im not totally pumped about.

I would highly doubt that NXT would have, as standard, an induction stove top. The first free standing induction only came on the market about 6 months ago and is over $2200. Many people get confused between a ceramic and an induction because from the exterior, they look the same but the standard stove most builders use costs about $450. If you mean that an induction cooktop is an upgrade, then that's a completely different story and might very well be true.

I would highly doubt that NXT would have, as standard, an induction stove top. The first free standing induction only came on the market about 6 months ago and is over $2200. Many people get confused between a ceramic and an induction because from the exterior, they look the same but the standard stove most builders use costs about $450. If you mean that an induction cooktop is an upgrade, then that's a completely different story and might very well be true.

I have seen the appliances in the units - nothing to write home about....standard, bulky, kind of ugly - which makes me wonder why they chose to include the Armana brand as standard finishes...kind of motivating me to rip them all out and sell them on Kijiji and buy some decent stuff once I move in.

Yes indeed I was incorrect due to seeing the exterior and not knowing much about the induction stove top. $2200? Does it sing to me well it cooks my sheppards pie? Wow!

Grand entrance

I know I have said it before and Im sure I will say it again but has anyone ever seen such a Grand Entrance that is developing here at NXT before. It has to be 30' wide and improving daily, they just started to flag stone the steps yesterday and interlock the walk. Sharp!!

Yes it is an induction stove top. The one thing Im not totally pumped about.
I would totally be pumped about an induction stove top. However, as others have mentioned, they're pretty new, so what you've probably got is a ceramic top which indeed is nothing to be pumped about. Induction has been around in Europe for a while and from all accounts totally rocks. One thing though with induction is that you have to use the right pots because it works through a magnetic process. Induction heats up really really quickly but it heats the pot, not the stove top, so apparently you can take the hot pot off the stove and put your hand on the stovetop and the stovetop won't be hot. That's cool, but it's the speed at which things cook and the evenness of heat on the cooking surface that makes it a superior product.

Last edited:

Back