News   Jul 22, 2024
 239     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 382     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 431     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

I don't know -my satellite TV reception has been really good lately.

'Tis to weep that they walk among us - with degrees.

From said video:

1623447724521.png

"Explains why the key sticks to me?" I think the lady behind her spoke more than what words alone can say. And lord, the first lady better not find out that hemoglobin has iron in it, or she'd bleed herself dry to void these evil magnetic influences! (or ever be in an MRI, where every hydrogen atom will spin like tops!).

AoD

Last edited:
So apparently Dollarama has lineups in multiple locations with all of the people going to get “non-essential” items.

Yes I saw the lineup at one location this morning - it was relatively short with only 4 or 5 people. Apparently the one at Costco was massive.🤷‍♂️

AoD

And at LuLuLemon. Priorities.
At risk of sounding like a crazy-conspiracy peddler, people have been watching other jurisdictions go out more; it becomes a "why don't we get it?" sort of thing.

It's fine to want to go shopping, but I cannot imagine standing in a long lineup, such as the one in front of Indigo on Bay St. this morning. I wanted to ask those people if they had home decor emergencies, or if they just really wanted to look at a book before buying it.

Agreed. I get that the kids need new clothes or you need new shoes or whatever, but no way would I be lining up for Home Sense. This is why I have been an online shopper since it first became a thing. The pandemic has also shown many of us that we just don’t need stuff immediately.

Agreed. I get that the kids need new clothes or you need new shoes or whatever, but no way would I be lining up for Home Sense. This is why I have been an online shopper since it first became a thing. The pandemic has also shown many of us that we just don’t need stuff immediately.

Shopping is entertainment for some people - I am not sure if it is even about actual need for a good chunk of those who are doing it right now. In any case, at least this is a reasonable time to restart the opening - and if they enjoy lining up to go into a store, I can't fault them at this point really.

AoD

Last edited:
Nice size drop in hospitalizations again today; less substantial, but still decent reductions in ICU:

1623514125278.png

Also, vaccination continues apace:

1623514174947.png

Not sure they enjoy it, but they do enjoy complaining about the lines :) I'm going to wait a while and let them have their fun before I head into a store.

On lineups........

I wasn't DT today, but a friend was............he reported (by way of sending me a pic)............that the line for Nordstrom Rack at Y/B was about 80 people/households deep..........it ran to 90 Bloor East.

Back