376     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 427     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

On lineups...........

LCBO - 1 customer, me

Loblaws - Deserted

Marks - line of 3 to get in.......

Bed, Bath and Bodyworks........1 hour long line up! (no I didn't stand in line, LOL, was just passing by)

Winners - 30 deep

Marshall's..............1 hour+ over 70 people

For the life of me, I can't imagine wanting to shop at Marshall's at any point..........

But w/e.......people's taste differs...........

But....for the things I love most or just plain need............I am not spending 1 hour in line.............not happening.

I will be all over the reopening of cinemas and my barber..........but in neither case am I standing in line for an hour.....

People are just weird.

On lineups...........

LCBO - 1 customer, me

Loblaws - Deserted

Marks - line of 3 to get in.......

Bed, Bath and Bodyworks........1 hour long line up! (no I didn't stand in line, LOL, was just passing by)

Winners - 30 deep

Marshall's..............1 hour+ over 70 people

For the life of me, I can't imagine wanting to shop at Marshall's at any point..........

But w/e.......people's taste differs...........

But....for the things I love most or just plain need............I am not spending 1 hour in line.............not happening.

I will be all over the reopening of cinemas and my barber..........but in neither case am I standing in line for an hour.....

People are just weird.

Winners/Marshall's cater to a very specific segment - and I can totally see visiting one would serve as "entertainment" - along the lines of Minecraft.

AoD

I got my second shot on Friday. I did not receive so much as a sticker or even a fun bandaid with either shot. 🧐

For you, I had assumed a complimentary glass of Prosecco with some freshly squeezed Blood Orange, and a drizzle of black current liqueur being a given.

Along with a complimentary amuse-bouche of prosciutto and parm over an open slice of sundried tomato focaccia with a lemon aioli.

For you, I had assumed a complimentary glass of Prosecco with some freshly squeezed Blood Orange, and a drizzle of black current liqueur being a given.

Along with a complimentary amuse-bouche of prosciutto and parm over an open slice of sundried tomato focaccia with a lemon aioli.

I didn't realize Eataly is now a vaccination clinic.

AoD

Not quite …. Although we did celebrate with a lovely charcuterie board. We tried to visit the patio of our favourite “local” but it was full.

I will be enjoying a dine-in restaurant in Montréal for sure this weekend. Finally the border is reopening. UK delaying its full reopening by a whole month is bad. Vermont is completely reopening this week.

So is there gonna be as much sensationalism for this as when we surpassed the US for a bit in cases or nah?

View attachment 327946
At this point, I think the US case data is becoming less meaningful. Even the blurb under the graph title implies it's not accurate as to total cases. From the same website, the US is lower in tests per 1000 and I feel like for many states (say Florida), the case data is getting sketchier and sketchier. They are also much higher in COVID deaths per 1000. Not that it's a contest.

I will be enjoying a dine-in restaurant in Montréal for sure this weekend. Finally the border is reopening. UK delaying its full reopening by a whole month is bad. Vermont is completely reopening this week.
We had a great trip booked for the UK for July 2020. We've banked the cash and will rebook soon for July 2022. And after that I plan to take my wife annually to the UK, I was born there but haven't seen anything north of Cambridge.

I got my second shot on Friday. I did not receive so much as a sticker or even a fun bandaid with either shot. 🧐
The guy at the exit/receipt station at the Convention Centre yesterday had a roll of stickers at the ready, but he didn't give me one! Oh well. Today though, my entire body is in pain. I am reasonably certain this is due to the vaccine's side effects and not tomorrow's income tax deadline.

Back