News   Jul 22, 2024
 538     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 457     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 493     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Ontario is reporting 574 cases of #COVID19 and over 28,900 tests completed.

1623422029181.png

Last edited:
I do not think that Ontario is using this particular test. From: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...nova-lateral-flow-covid-tests-scathing-review

"The US Food and Drug Agency (FDA) has raised significant concerns about the rapid Covid test on which the UK government has based its multibillion-pound mass testing programme.

In a scathing review, the US health agency suggested the performance of the test had not been established, presenting a risk to health, and that the tests should be thrown in the bin or returned to the California-based manufacturer Innova.

In the UK, these lateral flow Innova tests form the cornerstone of Operation Moonshot, the mass-testing scheme championed by the prime minister’s former chief adviser. The idea was that the ability to deliver results within 30 minutes – without the need for processing in a laboratory – provided a cheap, pragmatic and efficient way to identify people who had caught the virus but not fallen ill. But critics have raised concerns about accuracy."

The Ontario covid site seems to confirm that the tests used here are:
Abbott PanbioTM are single use test kits that meet the needs of most organizations. This test kit works well for low and high testing volumes and is recommended for organizations with multiple testing sites.
and
BD VeritorTM test kits require a small analyzer machine. This test kit is recommended for organizations with high testing volumes and a limited number of testing sites.

Some of the GTA locations mentioned don't have a surplus, however, and are already waitlisting. It also doesn't include AstraZeneca second doses. So it will be good for some of the areas included but not for all.

I feel so cheated now, opting for AZ for my first dose. I live in a hotspot, but the pop up clinic bookings (Pfizer) through Unity Health were a shitshow, so I took what I could get, as per advice.

I want a mRNA for my 2nd dose, but I’m left waiting.

I feel so cheated now, opting for AZ for my first dose. I live in a hotspot, but the pop up clinic bookings (Pfizer) through Unity Health were a shitshow, so I took what I could get, as per advice.

I want a mRNA for my 2nd dose, but I’m left waiting.

This is what I have been saying all along. The advice was not practical nor was it even wise.

Now you are left with either a wait or a choice.

As I said before, I could have got Moderna, I could have gone to a pop-up but I chose to wait it out and go to a mass immunization clinic where I was guaranteed Pfizer. Yes I shopped but in doing so I guaranteed that I would have a stable supply for my second dose without waiting.

I feel bad for the people that got Moderna or AZ and now have to scramble to find a solution for their second shot.

Quebec tightens rules after lax vaccination policy among oncology staff leads to deadly COVID-19 outbreak

From link.

Quebec Health Minister Christian Dubé is giving health-care staff in oncology departments an ultimatum: either get vaccinated or be subject to three COVID-19 tests per week.

The new rule comes after at least four patients died following a coronavirus outbreak in the cancer ward of Fleurimont Hospital, located in Sherbrooke. A total of 17 patients tested positive. Two of them were treated in intensive care.

The outbreak prompted an open letter signed by 15 physicians. They wanted to highlight the fact that staff in oncology departments were not among those obligated to either get vaccinated against COVID-19 or get screened regularly.

Dubé said the changes are in effect starting today.

"There is going to be a directive that will force people, health-care staff in oncology to either get vaccinated or get screened," Dubé said during a news conference Thursday.

"Either you get vaccinated, or get tested three times a week if you're not vaccinated. If that doesn't work, you'll get reassigned, and if that doesn't work, you'll be out of a job."

Initially, the the government's decree applied to the following sectors and workplaces:

• Emergency units, with the exception of psychiatric emergency units.
  • Intensive care units, with the exception of intensive psychiatric care.
  • COVID-19 clinics, including screening, assessment and vaccination clinics.
  • Units created to group together patients who have tested positive for COVID-19.
  • Residential and long-term care centres and certain other accommodations.
  • Pulmonology units.
The decree states that workers in certain sectors have to show their employer proof of COVID-19 vaccination.

Those who refuse to provide proof of vaccination need to undergo recurrent preventive screening.

Workers can refuse to participate in the screening, in which case they will be reassigned to similar tasks in a sector not affected by the decree. If reassignment is refused or not possible, the workers will be put on leave without pay.
Dr. Michel Pavic, a medical oncologist and director of the hematology and oncology unit at Université de Sherbrooke, is relieved by the minister's decision. But he wonders why the government's initial decree excluded health-care staff in oncology departments.

"To be honest, my feeling is that it was an oversight," Pavic said.

CBC News asked the province's Health Ministry to explain why oncology staff were excluded from the list of health-care workers who needed to either get vaccinated or undergo strict screening.

That request was not immediately returned.
Paul Brunet, a patient rights advocate, says it's "quite surprising that we didn't act sooner."

"Why do I say that? Because there are people who died," Brunet said.

He believes health-care unions should make it mandatory for members to get vaccinated against COVID-19.

"They say they want to protect [their members]. They're not protecting them if they don't force them to get vaccinated," Brunet said. "By not protecting them, they're also not protecting the patients that we defend."

Pavicmaintains that his only intention in reaching out to the government was to protect patients by enforcing mandatory COVID-19 screenings in cancer wards.

However, he said he believes people have a right to forego vaccination if that's their preference.

I have yet to see any case against vaccine mixing. Indeed, all I can see that has been happening in the past eight months since people started asking why we aren't mixing vaccines was a desperate search from the professionals for a reason not to do it. They have found none. Meanwhile millions died and variants emerged. "Better thousands die of the virus than one single person have a minor reaction!"

I have yet to see any case against vaccine mixing. Indeed, all I can see that has been happening in the past eight months since people started asking why we aren't mixing vaccines was a desperate search from the professionals for a reason not to do it. They have found none. Meanwhile millions died and variants emerged. "Better thousands die of the virus than one single person have a minor reaction!"
I had a sore arm where I had my second dose. Didn't have such a reaction from the first dose. (Both Pfizer.) Maybe I should sue hospital, the city, the province, the federal governments, along with Pfizer?

tenor.gif
From link. 😄

I had a sore arm where I had my second dose. Didn't have such a reaction from the first dose. (Both Pfizer.) Maybe I should sue hospital, the city, the province, the federal governments, along with Pfizer?

tenor.gif
From link. 😄

You got nothing to worry about unless cutlery starts sticking to you, or that you can suddenly make 5G calls without a 5G phone.

AoD

You got nothing to worry about unless cutlery starts sticking to you, or that you can suddenly make 5G calls without a 5G phone.

AoD
I thought that’s what the nose wire in the masks is for 🤷🏻‍♀️
I finally tracked down my AZ second dose so getting that tonight. Now to cancel all of those wait lists I am on!

So apparently Dollarama has lineups in multiple locations with all of the people going to get “non-essential” items.

Back