News   Jun 24, 2024
 337     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 5.1K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     3 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

I don't care how much notice was given or how well it was managed, announcing a grocery closure would give us images like we see on TV with 7am Black Friday openings at Walmart or Best Buy in the US. If you give people a week to stock up, they will do so in spades and with extreme prejudice. Remember the run on TP? The public is already spooked about supply chain disruption.

I don't care how much notice was given or how well it was managed, announcing a grocery closure would give us images like we see on TV with 7am Black Friday openings at Walmart or Best Buy in the US. If you give people a week to stock up, they will do so in spades and with extreme prejudice. Remember the run on TP? The public is already spooked about supply chain disruption.

I prefer to think of it as 1980s supermarket sweep.

A flurry of illegal gatherings reported on by BlogTo (I know, I know)...........

But .....really...........a 100+ person Birthday party in a storage unit???

The organizer has been charged.

In addition, 9 restaurants were found to be in non-compliance with Covid regulations............which I take to mean they were permitting indoor dining....

Five of the restaurants were charged, the others were given warnings.

Actions like this are verging on contempt of society (it's not an offence - it should be!).

I'm not that familiar with the enforcement of the Emergencies Act, but the way I read it, failure to comply with an order has an out-of-court fine of $750. At the risk of tying up the courts and making more work for the police, I would be inclined to issue a summons and make everybody show up in court for, hopefully, higher penalties.

Can you fine folk suggest some safe birthday party outing ideas? My friend and I are in the same bubble and I was looking to take her out for her birthday this weekend.

Good morning everyone,

Here's a fun article that could explain alot. Apparently Dr David Williams is all for reopening before Christmas.

https://www.680news.com/2020/11/17/...province-could-be-in-green-zone-by-christmas/

Dr. Williams should be forced to work in the ICU doing intubation for COVID-severe cases a couple week after X'mas then. He should be required to do it for a couple months. He just needs his interest aligned with the people who are on the front lines.

No wonder people keep throwing these stupid asinine parties, because they know they'll get away with it:

Honestly, why bother having these laws if you're just going to slap people with petty fines, if anything.

No wonder people keep throwing these stupid asinine parties, because they know they'll get away with it:

Honestly, why bother having these laws if you're just going to slap people with petty fines, if anything.

$750? That's pathetic.

AoD

Dr. Williams should be forced to work in the ICU doing intubation for COVID-severe cases a couple week after X'mas then. He should be required to do it for a couple months. He just needs his interest aligned with the people who are on the front lines.

He should be forced to retire, now. But then who would take the heat as Doug's CMOH?

AoD

Back