News   Jul 11, 2024
 117     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 514     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 2K     1 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

So there's a Ford radio ad on Tamil radio that urges members of that community to vote for Ford because "his wife is a woman."

Currious with his stance on the refugees and the protests.

"Enough is enough. If I was mayor, they would have been immediately removed from the Gardiner," he said, noting the parents who took their children on the Gardiner yesterday should be punished and have Children's Aid investigate. "We can't have this bleeding heart approach anymore because people's and kids' lives are in danger.
"I know if I brought my kid on the Gardiner, I'd be arrested and Children's Aid would take my kid."

For Ford, the Tamils should have to protest like everyone else, complete with city permits.
"If you want to protest, fine. Get a permit like everyone else does, go to Queen's Park, go to Downsview Park, go to Nathan Philips Square," he said. "We are not going to tolerate any more of this hoodlumism, as I call it."

Last edited:
So there's a Ford radio ad on Tamil radio that urges members of that community to vote for Ford because "his wife is a woman."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-4Q-gdDwCo&feature=youtu.be

Assuming that the Ford campaign paid for this spot I doubt that Rob Ford was aware of its content since he cannot speak Tamil. If his campaign paid for this spot you can bet that Ford will come out quickly and condemn it - on the other hand this could just be a dirty trick by the Smitherman campaign. After seeing the huge support Ford enjoys with immigrants (51% -31%) they must be in absolute panic mode and will do anything at this stage.

Wait for all the facts to come in before condemning Rob Ford.

That's messed up.

One wonders what Ford's biggest fan, out lesbian Sue-Ann Levy, thinks of this homophobia.

WTH! if ford wins this election, i think we can blame stockholm syndrome.

how the hell can ford be gaining ground with immigrants???

Because SmitherPants is held hostage by this crowd, that's why.
stuff-white-ppl-like.jpg

Take a drink every time someone with no previous posts on UrbanToronto stops by to tell us they're voting for Rob Ford.

Awesome videos, though. Is that, like, a tricked out grand piano in the background with LEDs inside? It looks badass.

But at least he *did* post the videos, to show the kind of chintzy amateur he is. This here Internets democratizes the dumb yokels with no taste, you know. I miss Geocities and Tripod;-)

So it isn't so much that they're declaring their support for Rob Ford; it's more that they're to UT posting what this is to urban design.

Last edited:
It could also suggest that voting is going to be way up in the suburbs, including on Monday, whereas the opposite could be true for downtown considering the poor choices for a progressive voter.
On the other hand, I prefer to vote in the advanced poll, because I find it hard to make sure I vote on election day, as the 10 AM start is too late to vote before heading off to work, and the 8 pm end can be busy with everyone trying to vote after work.

This year I decided to wait for the final poll, because the whole thing seemed to be changing so much ... and I wasn't completely decided yet.

Isn't it the law that you have to be given reasonable time off work to go vote? If I weren't self employed, I would take advantage of that for sure.

Already voted on Sunday though to leave me free to be more than just one vote. Insuring your family, friends and neighbours vote gives you the power to have a bigger influence on the election.

I've ensured everyone in my building complex--over 1000 residents--is voting for Rob Ford. If they vote for RF, they get 10% off their next Ford purchase.:D

The area: urbandreamer's home

The neighbourhood: Wherever a pot needs stirring, restaurant kitchens

The issues that matter most to the local: Stirring the pot, trolling

The sign count: Rob Ford - 1, Joe Pantalone - 1, George Smitherman - 1

Getting out the vote

I don't know what kind of effect this will have but I've never seen so many young new voters engaged in an election. I've been writing and posting links on my Facebook account for a few months now so people seem to think I'm the go-to guy for info on the election.

Since yesterday, I've been getting questions from several people asking what they need to do to vote. They all know they don't want Ford as our Mayor and all of them are first time voters in their mid twenties.

This election will be won via the youth of this city so I involved a leading entrepreneur who runs several businesses in entertainment. He posted Smitherman's TV ad to his Facebook profile (with nearly 5,000 friends) and immediately got backing from others.

On another front, Darkstar and I started an initiative to contrast Rob Ford's lack of transit planning to the extended Transit City by George Smitherman. We're confident that commuters will see the clear choice when shown the options.

You can join the Facebook group here: Facebook.com/ChooseYourToronto

Back