News   Jul 16, 2024
 676     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 601     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 740     2 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

Besides, I thought the air rail link, Sheppard LRT/Finch LRT were existing projects?

Irrelevant. This is the way the network will look if their respective plans are carried through. It includes things that exist, will be added, and will be removed.

And I don't believe Smitherman's promised tax freeze for a minute. It can't be done without large scale cuts to the budget - cuts which far exceed those proposed by Ford.

There's an $80M (likely more) contingency fund for lower income years. Smitherman will use this to forgo the property tax increase for 2011.

I don't know why we bother arguing with you. You just spit out accusations based on the kool aid being fed to you by the Ford campaign -- even though none of it is based in reality. Do some research, then come back to discuss based on facts.

And I don't believe Smitherman's promised tax freeze for a minute. It can't be done without large scale cuts to the budget - cuts which far exceed those proposed by Ford. Smitherman is a Dalton McGuinty big spend Liberal who says anything to get elected and will lie at the first opportunity.He doesn't have a credible financial background or experience in municipal governance. His ego, arrogance temper and lack of leadership should be a concern for everyone. At least the Sun is offering an unbiased editorial versus the Stars one sided reporting and attack on Ford. However, what none of the media have done is investigate Smithermans closet for those skeletons which we know are there. Rob Fords plans may not add up, but what politician does put up a plan that works sucessfuly? At least with Ford in office I can be assured that my money will not get wasted no matter what his plan is.

Colvis, this is the third instance in the past few pages where you've completely misquoted Smitherman's policy.. go read it (here it is ONE MORE TIME: http://www.georgesmitherman.ca/) and then come back and add your rebuttals, otherwise, you just don't know what you're talking about.

Just saw Smitherman's ad on CTV. It's a very positive ad that manages to convey the major points. I hope they keep running them, more people need to see them.

[video=youtube;xbF5JBSU_3o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbF5JBSU_3o[/video]

EDIT: They're really going all out with the CTV news tonight. I saw it 5 times in the last hour.

We know Pants doesn't have the money for a TV blitz like this but does Rob Ford? I haven't seen a TV ad yet and he appears to have raised less than Joe Pantalone.

Last edited:
Who will I vote for Mayor in 2010?

After doing some heavy duty research - I've decided to vote for Rob Ford for mayor! I believe in his efforts, his motivation and I feel he would be the best choice for mayor. I've also create a "Vote for Rob Ford" video with my opinion. Please watch my video and let me know what you think :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdTYXgfuvL4

and this one "Is Rob Ford scary?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCx36HWTPQU

Take a drink every time someone with no previous posts on UrbanToronto stops by to tell us they're voting for Rob Ford.

Awesome videos, though. Is that, like, a tricked out grand piano in the background with LEDs inside? It looks badass.

On CityTV news yesterday they went to the street asking people who they are voting for, this one woman they asked said "I'm not voting for the bald guy i'm voting for oh what's the big guys name? Rob Ford that's it!!! that's who I'm voting for.:eek:

After doing some heavy duty research - I've decided to vote for Rob Ford for mayor!

Oh, surprise surprise. Another never-posted-before new member mysteriously shows up out of the blue, throwing his support behind Rob Ford.

One wonders what else Rob Ford supporters do other than spam every single forum in cyberspace with pro-Ford ramblings.

Two things I think we can all agree on:

1) the candidates this year are weak
2) perks and higher pay attract better candidates (for any open position)

And yet the policies of both leading candidates are to 'stop the gravy train' and freeze salaries? Obviously, they don't see themselves as weak candidates, but everyone else does. Aren't both of these policies against our best interest? Shouldn't we be encouraging thicker, tastier gravy delivered via maglev? Not now of course, but for 2014?

Back