News   Jul 26, 2024
 719     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.8K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.5K     1 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

I'm hardly a hardcore Pantalone supporter, and you missed the point of the comparison.

Was the point of comparison being against things? I don't see how Smitherman's campaign is negative in the way Ford's is. My saying Ford supporters are oft a negative bunch was in response to another poster saying something along the lines of "i just know i don't like transit city and streetcars, so i'm voting Ford". I see this as very different to "i just know i like transit city and streetcars, so i'm voting Smitherman".

Ford has presented himself as the candidate who wants to not do things. I don't see this as true in Smitherman's case.

Yes, I'm an idiot! I want to be one of the sheep and vote against someone instead of for someone! This appeals to my deeply flawed character!!!
I've spent every day after work for weeks working for the Smitherman campaign and then after that heading into suburbia to distribute the anti-Ford flyers. I'm using a two-prong attack basically. The positive, and yes, the negative.

Last edited:
I find it rather amusing that George seems to be getting endorsed by every union but CUPE (and the ATU I guess).

Most of the biggest unions have endorsed and are standing by Pantalone. (CAW, Steel, Teachers, OPSEU, Labourer's CUPE, ATU). While the trades federation endorsed Smitherman, many of the member unions went for Joe, including the electrical workers which is one of the largest.

Smitherman is going to be live on CityNews one-on-one with Gord Martineau in a few minutes. A lot of people watch this newscast. This is his chance to sell himself. Let's see how it goes. Hopefully he's positive, leaves Joe out of the conversation and gives enough of a hint about Ford's inability to be our Mayor without coming across as too negative.

Where to watch Election Night...

Some people were asking where would be a good place to watch the results come in on election night. Torontoist is holding an event at Cadillac Lounge in Parkdale:

I think I'll be there myself, with a lineup of beers to drown down the very real possibility of Rob Ford being elected. If George wins, I'll be happy with the results when I wake up out of my hang over.

Anybody else going?

I'll be watching the election results with good ol' Raymond Cho

[video=youtube;1ytCEuuW2_A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A[/video]

Last edited:
10 Billion reasons not to vote for Smitherman

Everyone knows about the $1 Billion squandered at e-health but how many people realize that the no-bid back-room "deal" that Smitherman negotiated with SAMSUNG is going to add more than TEN BILLION DOLLARS to our Hydro bills over the course of the contract?

http://viewsfromscience.blogspot.com/2010/01/how-mcguintys-plan-will-cost-you.html

The province will pay SAMSUNG 44 cents / kwh for Solar energy when the average rate today is 6.5 cents / kwh! What will this do to our Hydro bill? We do not know as yet since the actual impact on our hydro bills is being kept secret by McGuinty until after the next provincial election - just like Smitherman is keeping his list of campaign donors secret until after the election.

Why do we let them get away with this?

Some people were asking where would be a good place to watch the results come in on election night. Torontoist is holding an event at Cadillac Lounge in Parkdale:

I think I'll be there myself, with a lineup of beers to drown down the very real possibility of Rob Ford being elected. If George wins, I'll be happy with the results when I wake up out of my hang over.

Anybody else going?

Maybe, anyone been there before?

WAKE UP TORONTO, WAKE UP LIBERALS, WAKE UP CANADA. THE LEFT IS RUINING OUR COUNTRY, VALUES AND WAY OF LIFE WHILE BRAINWASHING OUR CHILDREN LIKE SHEEP.

Lol jks. I don't really mean that but seriously, vote Robbie Ford.

WAKE UP TORONTO, WAKE UP LIBERALS, WAKE UP CANADA. THE LEFT IS RUINING OUR COUNTRY, VALUES AND WAY OF LIFE WHILE BRAINWASHING OUR CHILDREN LIKE SHEEP.

Lol jks. I don't really mean that but seriously, vote Robbie Ford.

Very convincing argument. I think you've changed my mind.

Back