News   Jul 30, 2024
 179     1 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 1K     3 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 520     0 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

I'm sure Ford is against the lake. He probably wants it filled in to save money on watering it.

hey, it costs alot of money to have people stand in front of the lake with a garden hoses all year long. it's almost as much as it costs to have people breathe carbon dioxide on the flowers. besides, if you don't wanna get aids, you probably shouldn't swim in lakes or look at flowers. my heart bleeds whenever someone sneezes because of ragweed. if you don't wanna sneeze, stay out of the flower bed. the oriental long horn beetles are taking over! we must stop the gravy train this thanksgiving.

^^ I think his devotion to Ford is all encompassing. He has no time for superficial interests like architecture and urban planning. It takes a lot of time and creativity to find ways to defend Rob but I'm sure in the end it will be worth it. Can you imagine all the free hamburgers at Ford's big celebration, on election night. Hell, I might sneak in myself.

So simple grass and natural scenes are not urban planning? We have to build concrete monstrosities everywhere? Again, people are skirting the issue and resort to personal attacks. If you want to defend Sherborne Common, fine. Do so. However, I don't see how admiring a couple of pictures and sing praises count as discussion in architecture and urban planning. How have you contributed to Toronto's urban planning? Which building or park was the result of your "discussion"?

Again, I am not devoted to Ford at all. I admit his shortcomings, I have yet to see any of you admitting any of Smitherman or Miller's problems. The best you did was that he is a changed man now. Nor have I seen any constructive criticism of the city planning. Have any of you come up with a way to solve the perceived war between cars and transit? All I see are driver bashing and further alienating a sizable voting block in Toronto. Streetcars are good for the city? Fine. Comes up with a way to make them less a problem for drivers. Or better yet, think of a way to make it easier for drivers to get into the city without driving. Have you done that? Or have you simply considered your position righteousness and refused to listen to different opinions? No sir, I am afraid you are the devoted ones.

If you like the chairs, there's always nearby Sugar Beach.

The rest of us can enjoy Sherbourne Common.

Besides, I'm sure Ford is against the lake. He probably wants it filled in to save money on watering it.

Fine, as long as the rest of you pay for Sherbourne Common (both the construction and the maintenance) using your own money. In fact, I would bet if they charge $10 to get into the park, the park would be pretty empty. How many devotees would be willing to pay a mere $10 to enjoy something they worship? Zero?

Ford is going to fill Lake Ontario? Is that being reasonable? Or is it some other lake you were referring to?

Fine, as long as the rest of you pay for Sherbourne Common (both the construction and the maintenance) using your own money. In fact, I would bet if they charge $10 to get into the park, the park would be pretty empty. How many devotees would be willing to pay a mere $10 to enjoy something they worship? Zero?

Shove it, philistine.

And people say Rob Ford supporters are unreasonable?

Rocco is by far the most intelligent and accomplished candidate... I've been saying this for MONTHS. I guess as per Maria Augimeri, some members of UT board climb that learning curve at a different rate than others. :)

Last edited:
Careful not to lump people in with adma just because we share some of his opinions. He's on my ignore list, thankfully.

If you really believe in the virtues of Toronto, then you would vote for Joe Pantalone, no? Or are we down to the awful one and the slightly less awful one?

And why do we need Sherbourne Common? It's a bloody lake out there with a beautiful view, yet we created a concrete water feature. Simple grass + chairs would do just fine and cheaper to maintain. Not to mention better for the environment. People comes to the waterfront to see the water, not some little man made stream. Sorry, waterfront, the rest of Toronto is tired of your little pet projects.
It's not just a water feature, it's a stormwater management system. Stormwater is one of the biggest causes of pollution in the lake, not to mention flooding. Just like every subdivision in the suburbs, The East Bayfront is required to be developed with facilities to control the quality and quantity of stormwater. Sherbourne Common uses the utilitarian function of the stormwater facility to give the neighbourhood a landmark open space - it's a brilliant piece of design that will pay off for the city...and it's much better for the environment than a grass field. Torontonians are starting to realize the value of good design and creating landmarks.

Last edited:
And people say Rob Ford supporters are unreasonable?

Rocco is by far the most intelligent and accomplished candidate... I've been saying this for MONTHS. I guess as per Maria Augimeri, some members of UT board climb that learning curve at a different rate than others. :)

Rossi only starting sounding smart when he stopped talking about his platform. When was the last time he mentioned the Allen Expressway tunnel? Or talked about taking bikes off arterial roads? He's taken a radically different direction in his arguments.

Fine. As long as you pay the overinflated Police budget with your own money. In an era of decreasing crime, why are we talking about increasing the Police budget? Why are we talking about hiring more police?

Rossi only starting sounding smart when he stopped talking about his platform. When was the last time he mentioned the Allen Expressway tunnel? Or talked about taking bikes off arterial roads? He's taken a radically different direction in his arguments.

I've noticed that too. When Rossi was more focused on his plans, he wasn't sounding so good. Now he is becoming more like Ford and focusing on criticizing everyone else. I don't think Rossi has a plan, he is just grasping at straws.

Fine. As long as you pay the overinflated Police budget with your own money. In an era of decreasing crime, why are we talking about increasing the Police budget? Why are we talking about hiring more police?

Why woudl you assume that's a 'right wing' thing?

The police budget has ballooned under the last 7 years. 7 years under the current regime, so I'm not sure why you would think that's a platform that anyone is running on.

Rossi is the only one that's said he'll look at the police budget.

That being said, anyone that's a regular poster has already made up their mind... the pantalones will vote pantalone at the poll, and the fords will vote ford...

I'd dare say he's now speaking from the heart instead of speaking from his handlers-devised platform.

I'd dare say he's now speaking from the heart instead of speaking from his handlers-devised platform.

I reached the exact opposite conclusion.

A buddy of mine who is a big Rossi supporter said to me the other day "doesn't he sound more like the mayor now that he is not talking about the things he wants to do".

My thought was...so is he just fooling folks into voting for him now? Has he ever come out and said "that allen tunnel thing was dumb...I won't do that!"....or is it more a case he has said "they all think the allen tunnel thing is dumb....so I won't talk about it any nore" ?

If I had a vote (I don't) I'd be worried about casting it for a guy who sounds better now but has not actually ditched the ideas that made him sound not so good before.

Back