News   Jul 25, 2024
 26     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 211     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 344     0 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

Again.................has Ford actually presented a transit plan? Doing nothing is almost as good as Smitherman's plan as this stupid idea of free transit for seniors and a free GO one station trip are going to bankrupt the system.

Again.................has Ford actually presented a transit plan? Doing nothing is almost as good as Smitherman's plan as this stupid idea of free transit for seniors and a free GO one station trip are going to bankrupt the system.

Possibly. Providing free transit for people is nice on paper but you still need to still finance this. It's not free. Someone, somewhere still has to cough up dough to pay for it. Do people not get this?

No, not yet. If you had read my post you'd see where I state that 100% certainly he will release the transit plan after Labour Day, one month from today.

As a result, Ford has lost any support he had mustered among the Red Tory North Toronto crowd. I doubt he will gain it back, especially since there is a very, very good chance that a moderate right-of-centre candidate will announce his/her mayoral ambitions soon.

Rossi sounds right up their alley...his policies aren't all that different from Ford's but he says the same stuff much more politely.

And he even lives down the street from Upper Canada College.

Last edited:
I still can't wait to hear how RF is going to cut FS' property tax bill by "thousands" - and now, build DRL, Eglinton AND Scarborough RT replacement as subways.

AoD

Last edited:
I still can't wait to hear how RF is going to cut FS' property tax bill by "thousands" - and now, build DRL, Eglinton AND Scarborough RT replacement as subways.

AoD

Simple:

1. More efficient use of office stationary
2. Charge Councillors for photocopies.
2. Stop watering city owned plants.
3. Introduce licensing fee for cyclists.
4. New swear jar in council chamber.
5. No more retirement parties on the taxpayer's dime.
6. Postpone all subway expansion until the "trickle-down effect" from the tax cuts improves the local economy.
7. Lose the next election to John Tory.

Instead of elected councillors, just appoint the children of wealthy business-owners to City Council. They don't need to be paid much and won't need an office budget as they can just use their own resources.

It's a compact idea that's a win for all involved.

whoever gets elected, i hope they free the slaves at the traffic stops, immune us from all state crimes for life, remove gold fringed flags and fly the one with three stripes.

also, i prefer my candidate to refer to themselves as a url.

Back