News   Jun 26, 2024
 182     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

News on retail chains (was: New Mall Retail)

You would think an Eaton Centre location for any store would be a very well performing store. I wonder if Pottery Barn is leaving by choice or whether their lease was up and someone else offered more money for the space?

Isn't J Crew more suited to the 3rd Floor with Banana Republic, BCBG, Mendocino, etc?

That pottery barn NEVER made any money. No one buys furniture from the Eaton Centre and a Pottery Barn cannot survive off of selling pillar candles alone... It also is in "the lower-end" of the mall, where PB's price point is fairly high.

I believe the space would be a bit big for J. Crew - you may see it carved into two spaces. I'm also not sure J. Crew will open more then two or three stores in the Toronto market.

That pottery barn NEVER made any money. No one buys furniture from the Eaton Centre and a Pottery Barn cannot survive off of selling pillar candles alone... It also is in "the lower-end" of the mall, where PB's price point is fairly high.

I believe the space would be a bit big for J. Crew - you may see it carved into two spaces. I'm also not sure J. Crew will open more then two or three stores in the Toronto market.

Eaton Centre, Sherway, Yorkdale?

Eaton's was where Zellers is currently located at both Erin Mills and Square One.

So the only Mississauga Zellers locations in the 90's were Westwood, Westdale and Dixie @ Dundas?

And what about Brampton? Back in the 90's was there even one Zellers there? Because Shoppers World was a Kmart and Bramalea was Eatons and the Trinity Common one hadn't been built yet.

Coruscanit Cognoscente - I can update you this week... or early next week - I know they've begun interviewing for managers so I will find out where the stores are.

I watch this thread so if you want to post your insider info here when you find out that'd be cool. I'm just curious in general :)

That's a huge space Pottery Barn had in Eaton Centre. Maybe they should open at Square One and/or Yonge and Eglinton.

That's a huge space Pottery Barn had in Eaton Centre. Maybe they should open at Square One and/or Yonge and Eglinton.

Not sure how they'd do in any mall to be honest.

Y&E is a good idea actually - on the street somewher though - there's a kitchen store and something similiar right beside each other and they're always extermely busy (fromp opending to closing).

Not sure how they'd do in any mall to be honest.

Y&E is a good idea actually - on the street somewher though - there's a kitchen store and something similiar right beside each other and they're always extermely busy (fromp opending to closing).

It would be good competition for the Restoration Hardware at Yonge & Broadway.

When PB closes, The Eaton Centre will probably be one of the few locations with a Williams-Sonoma and NO Pottery Barn.

I don't think the Pottery Barn location is necessarily too big for J.Crew, though.

Back