News   Jun 26, 2024
 186     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

News on retail chains (was: New Mall Retail)

If memory serves correct, Eaton's was actually on the far eastern end. I believe the zellers was once a K-Mart.

My mistake. I just knew there was an Eaton's there back when it was called Eaton Sheridan Place or Mall or whatever it was.

anybody have an idea of what is or what they want or think shound go into that space?
I thought j crew before but i dont really care about that store nothing special in my opinion so i was thinking gilly hicks would be a big cash cow for the mall or pink???

anybody have an idea of what is or what they want or think shound go into that space?
I thought j crew before but i dont really care about that store nothing special in my opinion so i was thinking gilly hicks would be a big cash cow for the mall or pink???

A typical pottery barn store is probably around 12 square feet. Typical J. Crew is half of that. PINK is also probably 5000 square feet. I suspect you'll see the space divided into two, OR something like Zara which has larger floor plates then a typical J. Crew move into the space.

There are malls with just a Williams Sonoma - example: Columbus Circle only has a Williams Sonoma and Williams Sonoma Home (which is a more upscale PB). As I said before the PB at the Eaton Centre NEVER worked for the company.

Sherway Gardens made a post today on Facebook:

Exciting new stores opening Spring 2011... Victoria's Secret, PINK by Victoria's Secret, Stuart Weitzman, Le Creuset, Juicy Couture, LEGO, and Kiehl's. Stay tuned for many more exciting store opening announcements!

Source.

i hope they bring more mens clothing stores, about Eaton Centre could any of the stores in the mall relocate here to open up another space for a store in the mall like la senza did for victorias secret?

Sherway Gardens made a post today on Facebook:

Source.

I ask again, where are they going to fit all those stores? Pink and VS are not small stores.

EDIT: Sherway's facebook page provides a partial answer:

Stores now closed include Naturalizer, Gable & Garbo, Miss Sixty/Energie, M for Mendocino, Nike, Symphony Diamonds, Starstruck Entertainment, Rudsak and Jacob Connexion.

EDIT 2: Looking on the map of Sherway, Calendar Club (2093 sq ft), Gable & Garbo (853), Naturalizer (1292), Miss Sixty/Energie (1628) and M for Mendocino (2370) are all in a row. My guess is Calendar Club isn't long for this world, at least in that location. Together they equal 8236 sq ft. A Victoria's Secret could easily fit in that spot (Square One's VS is 9493 sq ft). Starstruck is 4357 sq ft which is enough to fit a Pink store (Square One's Pink is 4565 sq ft).

Last edited:
calendar club has already closed as with all those stores that are in a row and what would they put in starstrucks location? its a store in a food court basically lol...
pink in a food court probably wouldnt happen so what would??

I ask again, where are they going to fit all those stores? Pink and VS are not small stores.

EDIT: Sherway's facebook page provides a partial answer:

EDIT 2: Looking on the map of Sherway, Calendar Club (2093 sq ft), Gable & Garbo (853), Naturalizer (1292), Miss Sixty/Energie (1628) and M for Mendocino (2370) are all in a row. My guess is Calendar Club isn't long for this world, at least in that location. Together they equal 8236 sq ft. A Victoria's Secret could easily fit in that spot (Square One's VS is 9493 sq ft). Starstruck is 4357 sq ft which is enough to fit a Pink store (Square One's Pink is 4565 sq ft).

yeah, but starstruck is at the food court level. a pink store would be weird there. my guess is the starstruck location could become the lego store (the kids could go play there while parents finish eating nearby)

Last edited:
I'm just basing my guesses on the respective sizes of the spaces that have opened up.

Starstruck was ~ 4000 sq ft. It could contain either a Pink store or a few smaller stores.

The other things that are closing (the ones not in a row: Nike, Jacob Connexion, Symphony Diamonds and Rudsak) don't have enough space for a Pink store.

Unless they combine the VS and Pink store together somehow.

VS/PINK are not going to the food court.

Sherway needs to redo that food court and improve all the food offerings in the mall. Given the strength of the retail it could totally handle a Joeys/Moxies/PF Changs type establishment that offers good business lunch as well as the daily female shoppers who like something better than the Pickle Barrel crap.

The food court is ugly as sin and very inefficiently laid out. When SG gets a redo I can see Cadillac doing a nice food court. They also need to upgrade the quality of the food offerings to match the shopping experience, maybe a Panera, Marche, Chipotle type offering.

The food court is ugly as sin and very inefficiently laid out. When SG gets a redo I can see Cadillac doing a nice food court. They also need to upgrade the quality of the food offerings to match the shopping experience, maybe a Panera, Marche, Chipotle type offering.

Sure, the Foodcourt is dated, but it doesn't need only upscale restaurants there.

I'm not sure why, but every place I've eaten at Sherway is better than at other malls (like the Carribbean Queen at Sherway, compared to other malls).. The food itself is good and it's ALWAYS a full house at lunch time. So I don't think too much needs to be changed in terms of the places there.. The seating, floors etc need a do-over of course.

Perhaps a Moxies/Pickle Barrel like place could go in where Starstruck was? I don't know if it would fit though? :confused:

Back