News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 441     0 

New rides at Wonderland

Please leave the Wilde Beast alone. It's still my fave.

My idea is to initially kill Wild Beast, start another wooden coaster build in scope to Mean Streak at Cedar Point (or better, that's the biggest wooden coaster I've been on) and then once complete kill Mine Buster. Voila! The New and Improved Great Canadian Mine Buster. :D

Leave the Mine Buster alone. It's a classic and should be kept untouched. Leave the Wild Beast alone too, Dragon Fire can be replaced.

The three worst rides at Wonderland right now are Top Gun, Skyrider, and Dragon Fire. Two of them are replicas, and all of them are lame and out of date. Wonderland should build either a 300 foot tall ride, or a new stand up or inverted roller coaster.

Having been on many wooden roller coasters, I still think that Wild Beast is the best. I'll take it over Mean Streak any day. I would also say leave it alone.

I think that Cedar Point will always be the premier Cedar Fair amusement park, however Wonderland will continue to be the most heavily attended seasonal amusement park in North America, and will likely become the most profitable park CF owns, if it isn't already. Attendance this summer could easily top 4 million.

I think Top Gun was the best ride at Wonderland, before Behemoth. I wouldn't consider Top Gun out of date.

Dragonfyre, The Bat, Skyrider, those are pretty dated and boring.

Wildebeast is still a fun ride if you can fit in the seats.

Mine Buster use to be a good ride until 5+ yrs ago when I noticed they dicked around with one of the dips in the ride.

I'd still keep the wooden rides, they are even more fun to ride in the rain.

My idea is to initially kill Wild Beast, start another wooden coaster build in scope to Mean Streak at Cedar Point (or better, that's the biggest wooden coaster I've been on) and then once complete kill Mine Buster. Voila! The New and Improved Great Canadian Mine Buster. :D

Mean Streak isn't even that good. It's a walk on all day because it's rough.

The general public isn't that well versed in roller coasters. People will probably think its the greatest coaster ever. In my eyes, Wonderland is only now catching up. It has the biggest line up of mediocre rides ever. It may have the second most coasters in the world, but a ton of them are absolute garbage. People will only appreciate this when they visit places like Cedar Point though, which I am visiting for my third time the May long weekend.

I remember I waited 3.5 hours in 5 degree weather to ride Top Thrill Dragster, at that time the tallest and fastest ever in 2003 when it opened. The ride is only 16 seconds long but I would take that over any coaster at Wonderland any day. They pushed the limits, and because of that they earned my money and will continue to do so. I was excited when I heard that Cedar Fair was purchasing wonderland, I knew what was to come. I predicted this two years ago. Because there is no competition in the GTA, Paramount just put in the rides they thought would get the best value. I still think 0% of the population realizes that Top Gun is a replica of a coaster at Darien Lake only 2 hours away! Raptor kills it any day of the week.

They need to get original and creative. Hopefully they will continue to do so in the future. This is just the beginning.

I think Top Gun was the best ride at Wonderland, before Behemoth. I wouldn't consider Top Gun out of date.

Nothing wrong with your first comment - everyone is entitled to their own favourite ride. In fact, one of mine happens to be Spinovator. But to claim that Top Gun is not out of date is a classic example of typical Toronto coaster ignorance. A full year before Top Gun was even built, Raptor (another inverted roller coaster at Cedar Point) was already in operation. It's 20% faster, 30% taller, and 70% longer. That alone doesn't make it a better ride, but it demonstrates that even when Top Gun was built, it was already WELL behind the times.

Like I said, sheer size is not necessarily what makes a ride good. But in terms of technology, even Behemoth is well behind the times. 300+ foot tall rides have been around for almost 10 years. Behemoth is quite similar in size to the first 200+ foot ride that was built in 1989, and which also happens to be my favourite ride of all time.

Nothing wrong with your first comment - everyone is entitled to their own favourite ride. In fact, one of mine happens to be Spinovator. But to claim that Top Gun is not out of date is a classic example of typical Toronto coaster ignorance. A full year before Top Gun was even built, Raptor (another inverted roller coaster at Cedar Point) was already in operation. It's 20% faster, 30% taller, and 70% longer. That alone doesn't make it a better ride, but it demonstrates that even when Top Gun was built, it was already WELL behind the times.

Like I said, sheer size is not necessarily what makes a ride good. But in terms of technology, even Behemoth is well behind the times. 300+ foot tall rides have been around for almost 10 years. Behemoth is quite similar in size to the first 200+ foot ride that was built in 1989, and which also happens to be my favourite ride of all time.

When you compare what we get at Wonderland to other parks, you are right, we are behind the times. I still don't think getting a coaster 1 year later is really out of date, but I agree with you that there isn't really anything special about the coasters we get when you compare it to other major parks in North America. Top Gun doesn't even compare to Raptor. Maybe if Cedar Fair had owned the park years ago, we'd be on point with other parks.

I wouldn't consider Behemoth to be out of date at all. How many 300 foot coasters are there? Two? Most major parks have a coaster in the 200+ foot range and Wonderland is finally joining them. I think we'll be seeing a lot of the rides demolished and replaced with bigger, better ones. Some coaster designs Wonderland doesn't have:

Dive machine
Stratacoaster
Floorless
4th dimension coaster

*sigh* I'm not saying I want a carbon copy of Mean Streak. I'm saying I want a more modern wooden coaster that's taller, faster and longer than what's currently at Wonderland. The Mine Buster and Wild Beast are approaching 30 years old. I used Mean Streak as an example since it's the newest and biggest wooden coaster I've been on and likely a coaster many posters here have been on.

Back