News   May 14, 2024
 875     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 470     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 528     0 

New rides at Wonderland

I nearly puked after that spaceship ride that spins and leaves you hanging upside down for a few seconds. I survived everything else.. but that.:S

^ Jet Scream rocks!! I'm going to CW for the first time in a few years this friday w/ my work and I'm heading straight to the Behemoth and staying there all day, going on it over and over.

Behemoth kicks some serious ass. I recommend to those who haven't been on it yet to sit at the front of the train. The suspense the first time is awesome.

Maybe not the best thread for this but... Canada's Wonderland is selling an 82-acre parcel of land across from—and owned by—Canada’s Wonderland for a mixed-use development opportunity.

Spent the day at Wonderland yesterday. The Behemoth is AMAZING. I highly recommend getting there early and starting your day with it... otherwise a 30 minute wait becomes 2 hours.

...And bring your own food. I can't believe the abysmal selection of food after all these years of Wonderland being open. They clearly don't care about what their customers eat so you mind as well bring a cooler.

Pizza Pizza should be ashamed at their presence there and fire all of their indifferent, incompetent, lazy and rude staff. Trying to get a slice of pizza was hands down the worst part of the day.

The best way around their predatory food selection is to just go across the Jane street to the Wendy's and some of the other fast food joints (i think they have a subway). I hope whoever is in charge of Pizza Pizza can't sleep at night after screwing so many people at Wonderland. 7 bucks for a pizza?! come on! Apparently back when I was a baby, I had gotten a piece of dirt in my eye and started crying, yet the food stalls wouldn't even give my parents a cup of tap water to wash it out.

The best way around their predatory food selection is to just go across the Jane street to the Wendy's and some of the other fast food joints (i think they have a subway). I hope whoever is in charge of Pizza Pizza can't sleep at night after screwing so many people at Wonderland. 7 bucks for a pizza?! come on! Apparently back when I was a baby, I had gotten a piece of dirt in my eye and started crying, yet the food stalls wouldn't even give my parents a cup of tap water to wash it out.

The park has always had a first aid centre. They most likely have an eye wash station too. Could have just brought ya there ;)

Are you allowed to bring coolers in? I remember years ago when I would visit Wild Water Kingdom, they didn't allow you to bring anything in the park, forcing you to purchase their overpriced items. I'm assuming that isn't the case with Wonderland?

Oddly enough, the last time I visited CW was the same day the blackout occured. There was a lot of confusion, madness happening at the park - as you could imagine. The bastards at Wonderland took advantage of the fact there was a blackout and started charging triple the amount for water and soft drinks. All the food vendors at Wonderland and other "parks" are crooks.

Are you allowed to bring coolers in? I remember years ago when I would visit Wild Water Kingdom, they didn't allow you to bring anything in the park, forcing you to purchase their overpriced items. I'm assuming that isn't the case with Wonderland?

Oddly enough, the last time I visited CW was the same day the blackout occured. There was a lot of confusion, madness happening at the park - as you could imagine. The bastards at Wonderland took advantage of the fact there was a blackout and started charging triple the amount for water and soft drinks. All the food vendors at Wonderland and other "parks" are crooks.

http://www.canadaswonderland.com/visit/visit_tips.cfm

We went back in June... saved Behemoth till night time. Even though the line was still packed it moved pretty fast with 3 trains running, about 45 minutes from the entry point. It was well worth it... best ride Ive ever been on and a great view while you take the long ride to the top!

We had some crappy food experiences too. We were there while that tomato scare was on so we paid $9 for a Mr Sub assorted with no tomatoes! Then we got stuck in line for footlong hotdogs for the kids for atleast an hour! And the ridiculous part was there were only about 10 people infront of us! I think they ran out of supplies or had some sort of mental malfunction but that just about ruined the day for us. We noticed later that there was a location selling Greek food which we would have preferred by far... have to try it next time.

Coaster-net.com online article:

301 Swing Tower Vertical Construction Completed First

April 1, 2011 - The BeastFan

Canada's Wonderland, Vaughn, Ontario, Canada -

With four Mondial Windseekers going up at Cedar Fair parks across North America, there had to be one topped off first, and that honor goes to Canada's Wonderland's. The giant 301 foot tower was completed the afternoon of April 1st with the final red crown piece.

Windseeker will be placed near the stand up coaster Sky Rider at the Ontario park, allowing riders to see magnificent views of the Canada landscape and the park. With that, the ride has become the tallest ride in the park, dwarfing the two next tallest attractions by 60-70 ft, being the hyper coaster Behemoth and Drop Tower (230 and 239 ft respectively).

The ride will supposedly open with the park on opening day, slated for May 8th.

WindSeeker1.jpg

Canada's Wonderland photo
The 301 foot Windseeker will open as the tallest ride in the park on May 8th.

http://www.coaster-net.com/news/1361-canada-s-wonderland-s-windseeker-topped-off/

The new ride seems good (on paper, so to speak)....

I gather the food on offer has improved a bit in recent years too (it needed to)

I might just drag myself up there this year for the first time in 1/2 a decade.......

I would love to see this park meet its potential, the kind we all knew it had when it opened...............but I'm no longer sure that's possible.

As Toronto becomes entrenched as the 4th largest City in North America, after Mexico City, NY, and LA.....its theme park should be able to rival Disneyland (not world)....or at least be a close 3rd behind it....

But the sale of land adjacent to the park for housing a number of years ago, was, to put it charitably, ill-conceived, and limiting.

Buying it back is not impossible, but surely unlikely.

That means any real expansion to offer a larger array of rides, larger park capacity, more year-round functions (convention/hotel, limited winter offerings of some kind)...... are much harder to pull off and less economical.

There is some residual blank land, but not much, save and except the parking.

While I would surely favour putting some of that parking into a 2 or 3-level parkade, freeing up some land....that wouldn't be cheap and might mess with the economic viability of, what for now, remains a seasonal operation...

Oh well.....still might be worth checking out again........

Oh dear god! and i thought Behemoth was tall. 301 ft is too extream even for me, someone else will have to give us a reivew ;)

Back