News   May 08, 2024
 1K     1 
News   May 08, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 08, 2024
 2.8K     3 

Mississauga Celebration Square Redevelopment (CS&P Architects) COMPLETE

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I mean, I haven't used the road in years due to it having been closed so long...but I guess I'll live with it :)

nice, hopefully for their next project they tear down the city hall and make something not ugly

from today - new turf
DSCF2807.jpg

DSCF2806.jpg

^^ This is another example of a stage that is much too short. How can anybody under 6 feet tall, get a decent view in a crowd of people? And what about the children? Will someone please think of the children! :p We need a 6' requirement for all public stages because for some reason, the simplest things just seem to be forgotten by the experts.

That stage is way too low to the ground. If it's supposed to be used for large events, it needs to be 6 to 8 feet off the ground. I wish the people who design these stages, would actually go to a few crowded concerts first, so they'd be able to judge how high a stage should be. What good is a low stage if 75% of the people there, have problems seeing the entertainment?

man thats a lot of concrete... they could have easily put in 4-5 times as many trees.

The sea of poured concrete surprised me as well. It looks banal and sterile. I can't believe that urban planners and landscape architects still haven't rejected poured concrete in at least the prominent projects. It looks decent in the first few years when white and new, but it fades and becomes a dull and cheap-looking surface for a few decades before it's replaced. Nathan Phillips Square is also paved with concrete, and I'm flattered as a Torontonian by the imitation; but at NPS, there's a pattern of widths to the slabs, pronounced gaps between slabs that's evocative of stone, and a Modernist bravado to the space. Concrete or granite pavers would be a more appropriate match for the PoMo architecture at Mississauga Civic Centre yet still contemporary.

May 21
Mod's, the thread title should be change to reflect what the city is calling it for the last year: Mississauga Celebration Square

I knew someone would beat to posting photo of the square as I had too many photos to fix and post before being up to date.

I see they removed those tripping items and it looks a lot better without them.
7254247938_b7713ec11d_b.jpg

7254226216_b01807a9e0_b.jpg

7254232402_18fee2944c_b.jpg

7254241714_40db695630_b.jpg

7254246260_d3ccf229fc_b.jpg

How long do you think those little blue chairs will last?

They were there last year, but cannot swear they are the original ones.

A lots of events (164) plan for the site this year, along with a number of concerts and movie nights. Expect to hit the 1 million visitor in the next few months.

Back