News   May 31, 2024
 101     0 
News   May 30, 2024
 2.3K     1 
News   May 30, 2024
 1.6K     2 

Mississauga Celebration Square Redevelopment (CS&P Architects) COMPLETE

Wow! What a huge improvement over the previous staging of this event. The square sure is getting a lot of use so far...

^It's fantastic! Another movie night at the Square: it was packed with families.
20110721042.jpg

20110721041.jpg

20110721048.jpg

20110721051.jpg

20110721054.jpg

You must have been at Ribfest earlier in the day, as it looks very sparse compared to when I was there, which was both Friday and Saturday in the early evenings. It was packed to the point of not being able to walk around, get through lines, forget trying to get a seat. It's stupid that you can''t get drinks from the food vendors, so by the time you wait in 2 different lines, then try to find a seat, it can be over an hour.

It was most packed between 8-10pm, but my night time shots were very blurry and not work posting.

These 2 from my phone...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2011-MCC-Ribfest1.jpg
    2011-MCC-Ribfest1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 523
  • 2011-MCC-Ribfest2.jpg
    2011-MCC-Ribfest2.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 554
One of my favourite movies...
There are 2 kinds of people in this world - those with guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Ecstacy of Gold is one of my favorite movie scores also. I might just try to make the Thursday screening as well.

Maybe a UT meetup of Mississauga posters?

MuslimFest was happening when we visited Celebration Square last Saturday and the place was packed. Then, on to Port Credit for the sparsely attended Pride - which I hope will move to the Square next year.

Last edited:
July 26
Looks like a few of those new tables and chairs have gone missing as there a far fewer there today when first shown up. Kids and parents could be found running under the water arch.

The grass is almost dead from that protection they place on it.

As for the Pride event, never knew of it nor seen any PR on it.
5979158239_82640e0f52_b.jpg

5979158843_bf22703a4a_b.jpg

5979160117_f81fe06b07_b.jpg

5979161285_26abaf4e20_b.jpg

5979718370_85860ce4a4_b.jpg

Why they would put stairs right there in the middle of things is so strange. I wonder how long it will take for the grass to come back.
And pride in Mississauga? Huh? I've only ever heard of pride events in Brampton, which always confused me, because it's a smaller city.

The water play pool is, imo, the best feature of the square as it invites such spirited interaction, unlike the one in NPS which you're just supposed to gaze at.

The water play pool is, imo, the best feature of the square as it invites such spirited interaction, unlike the one in NPS which you're just supposed to gaze at.

Agreed, that's why I'm glad the fountains are being added to NPS ... like the ones @ Dundas.

But this is nicer anyway.

Why they would put stairs right there in the middle of things is so strange. I wonder how long it will take for the grass to come back.
And pride in Mississauga? Huh? I've only ever heard of pride events in Brampton, which always confused me, because it's a smaller city.

Those are the original stairwell to the parking garage and no place to relocate them without a major rebuilt costing big $$.

Sept 07
Council decided today to reopen the street on Monday Oct 17, not the plan Sept 19.

The general feeling that most of council prefer to see this street not be open to traffic 100%, but Frank Dale, the ward councilor, who happens to be my councilor, was doing his pro car thing, in getting the road open.

It was decided to see how traffic work on this section of the road this winter and take a close look next year if the road is close 100% when it is schedule to close for the summer events.

As it stands now, the road will be close from May to Oct yearly if the road does remain open.

Back