News   Jun 25, 2024
 409     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 572     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Miscellany Toronto Photographs: Then and Now

A record?

Wow! This thread had now reached more than a hundred pages.

A great accomplishment. Could it be a world's record?

Congratulations to the participants.

I don't think that little flapper by the light post would have been afraid of anything.

She looks the real sweetheart. Perhaps she had a brassy personality too. I was trying to eavesdrop on their conversation from 79 years ago.

"Where should we eat?"

"What do you want to see next?"

"How much money do you have left?"

She looks the real sweetheart. Perhaps she had a brassy personality too. I was trying to eavesdrop on their conversation from 79 years ago.

"Where should we eat?"

"What do you want to see next?"

"How much money do you have left?"

I think she was talking about her friend Elsie who goes "all the way"

I left this thread wide open to this and for that I am deeply sorry.;):):rolleyes:

No apologies necessary. Jaborandi misunderstood the "Caberet" reference to Swansea; it was referring to Swansea near High Park, which definitely has its share of sordid rooms.

No apologies necessary. Jaborandi misunderstood the "Caberet" reference to Swansea; it was referring to Swansea near High Park, which definitely has its share of sordid rooms.

No no, I understood the local angle but being a bit of a purist at heart I bristle at the ebb and flow of geographical references... besides which, it was four sordid rooms.

Sorry about the highjacking Mustapha. No more Elsie chat from me.

No no, I understood the local angle but being a bit of a purist at heart I bristle at the ebb and flow of geographical references... besides which, it was four sordid rooms.

Sorry about the highjacking Mustapha. No more Elsie chat from me.

I stand corrected, J., and will also desist from any more about Elsie.

Wow I love the lights in this pic! So Deco!

Except for the "spurts" atop them, I don't find them terribly Deco. But what really intrigues me are those houses on the left (are those really houses?!? in the Ex grounds?!?)

Except for the "spurts" atop them, I don't find them terribly Deco. But what really intrigues me are those houses on the left (are those really houses?!? in the Ex grounds?!?)

These maps from 1898 and 1910 show Dufferin extending south right to the lake. Those houses must be on the other side of Dufferin.

Historical_Map_of_Toronto-1-1.jpg
goad1910r.jpg

Back