News   Jul 17, 2024
 442     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 974     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Miller finally rips on Royson James

what really??

Miller has lost any support outside of his NDP union groups...

Royson James has always had a hard-on for Miller. I don't know why he hates him so much...oh wait now I know, it's cause Royson James buys his furniture at Bad Boy and puckers up for Mel-who??

What an uninformed asinine reporter he is. Glad to see Miller finally ripping him a new asshole.

Royson James doesn't really offer constructive criticism of Miller at all. He just takes the attitude of if Miller says it's Monday, I say it's Tuesday.

How does Mississauga do it? They've got the same mayoral system, but like her or not, there's no one who'd claim that that city does not have a strong and powerful leader.

So, if they're strong and powerful the leader can do no wrong?? FYI when Hazel McCallion first became Mayor of Mississauga in the 1970's, what is now downtown Mississauga, was farmland as far as the eye could see. Now look at it, it's a city totally dependent on car-culture, the ultimate suburban mess, it's going to be the slums of the future! Yay for Hazel?!?!!? Cause she brought industry, condos and rampant development to what was once farmland that's okay because she's a strong leader? That's how George W. Bush has gotten away with heinous war crimes & other, but he can, right , cause he is strong & powerful?

Bush and McCallion in the same post.

I guess the people of Brampton should be happy that they were not invaded.

Miller is the bet thing that has happened to Toronto!............He is so popular no one can even come close, he has done so much for Toronto (within his capabilities) he has a vision and he takes it beyond the borders of partisan politics. !
Wow buddy, lay off the drugs.
Millers has single handedly taken the city back 20 years!

Wow buddy, lay off the drugs.
Millers has single handedly taken the city back 20 years!

Oh yeah cause recycling had been implemented twenty years ago X:D

Instituting that city-wide program alone is a feat worth my vote.

Oh yeah cause recycling had been implemented twenty years ago X:D

Recycling!?!? WTF are you talking about.

Again, PUT DOWN THE DRUGS!

Seriously, under Miller the streets are dirtier, there are more homeless people, more agressive panhandling, higher crime, gangs, the TTC is worse off and let's not forget the new garbage tax, land transfer tax, drivers licence tax, and constant gridlock on the roads!

Yup, I'd say the city is worse off with Miller!

I like Miller, but I'm not huge on him either. Still, this is just silly...

Seriously, under Miller the streets are dirtier, there are more homeless people, more agressive panhandling, higher crime, gangs, the TTC is worse off...
Not true at all. Statistics will even prove it.

and let's not forget the new garbage tax, land transfer tax, drivers licence tax
Not necessarily a bad thing. They are finally a means by which Toronto can raise revenue for all the things you seem to be complaining about. These are taxes that most cities in the world also have, but because of how municipalities in this province are creatures of the province, we've never had them before.

, and constant gridlock on the roads!
We have the largest transit expansion plan in most of our lifetimes coming to fruition not only in T.O., but across the GTA.

I like Miller, but I'm not huge on him either. Still, this is just silly...

Not true at all. Statistics will even prove it.

I'd like to see those statistics.

Also, while you are at it, how many shootings/yr occured in Toronto before Miller took power compared to after ?!?

Crime has generally been going down every year, although some violent crime has been rising in certain parts of the city. Lower crime rates are part of a much larger trend that likely has very little to do with Miller.

You're blaming Miller for shootings? I'm certain that Miller hasn't shot anyone. In fact, he's trying to get handguns banned. If you're against that, we might as well blame you, xtatik, for the shootings.

You're blaming Miller for shootings? I'm certain that Miller hasn't shot anyone. In fact, he's trying to get handguns banned. If you're against that, we might as well blame you, xtatik, for the shootings.

I think he has some blame in this. He has been quite anti-police and political. Instead of letting the police do their job, he has been putting his cronies on the police board and introducing his combative politics, interfering with their duties, and pushed out Julian Fantino at the time when the city needed a tough police chief!

I like Miller, but I'm not huge on him either.
Not necessarily a bad thing. They are finally a means by which Toronto can raise revenue for all the things you seem to be complaining about. These are taxes that most cities in the world also have, but because of how municipalities in this province are creatures of the province, we've never had them before.

Also, if Miller was more fiscally conservative, and not wasting money on un-deserved pay raises during tough economic times, buying cappichino machines and golf memberships on the tax payers dime, full council trips to Quebec City to "Take in the attractions", and wasting money on keeping a bloated bureaucracy full of Unionized slacks and creating make work projects for them such as "Extreme Heat Allerts" everytime the weather hits 25c, maybe we wouldn't need these tax hikes!

Now I know someone will attack me for bringing up points that Rob Ford has brought up in the past, but as much as Rob Ford can be an idiot, he sure does bring up some very good points!

Also, if Miller was more fiscally conservative, and not wasting money on un-deserved pay raises during tough economic times, buying cappichino machines and golf memberships on the tax payers dime, full council trips to Quebec City to "Take in the attractions", and wasting money on keeping a bloated bureaucracy full of Unionized slacks and creating make work projects for them such as "Extreme Heat Allerts" everytime the weather hits 25c, maybe we wouldn't need these tax hikes!

Now I know someone will attack me for bringing up points that Rob Ford has brought up in the past, but as much as Rob Ford can be an idiot, he sure does bring up some very good points!

Oh please! Rob Ford has the intellect of a gnat - he's nothing but a third rate councillor, he's in the news today having to apologize for inappropriate comments, I doubt he'll get re-elected.

no Ford will get reelected easily...

The power of being an incumbent on the municipal level is almost impossible for another to overcome.

Back