News   Jul 15, 2024
 659     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 812     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 616     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

Most important part of the interview, in my opinion, is Tory's restated support for the DRL, and implicit support even for the DRL Long. I hope that's something that other media outlets might pick up upon.

Most important part of the interview, in my opinion, is Tory's restated support for the DRL, and implicit support even for the DRL Long. I hope that's something that other media outlets might pick up upon.
I wouldn't read much into that. He'll support it if the funding comes in, but he won't go out scrounging for money like he's doing for SmartTrack.

The article gives you a much better breakdown of the interview, but for those with only three minutes to spare, we have produced a video with some of the highlights from the interview:

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind hearing my councillor, Bailão explain herself...I'm sick of talking to her lackeys at the office. I used to think she was decent....but that passed as soon as I became familiar with her penchant for pigheadedness and foot stomping in local affairs. Come on, UT....drag her out and ask her why she keeps trying to strong arm local citizens and groups into accepting her view of the world (which seems to be heavily aligned with certain local and monied interests).

Would be nice to see some interviews of councillors as well! (and no, not THAT one).

AoD

He who should not be named sat as a councillor for ten years before getting elected as mayor and finally getting the general public attention. I'm scared to think how many more of him could be in the council chambers, ready to take the crown as public idiot number one. :confused:

He who should not be named sat as a councillor for ten years before getting elected as mayor and finally getting the general public attention. I'm scared to think how many more of him could be in the council chambers, ready to take the crown as public idiot number one. :confused:

Oh I think think of at least one and a half.

AoD

I love how she isn't afraid to call out people.
quote from that article (http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...gh-subway-despite-concern-over-the-facts.html)...
Downtown Councillor Gord Perks (open Gord Perks's policard) said he believes a fear of Ford Nation has proved influential in the past.

“Rob Ford scared Dalton McGuinty into cancelling Transit City. He scared Kathleen Wynne into endorsing the Scarborough subway. He scared Glenn De Baeremaeker into endorsing the Scarborough subway,” he said.

“I hope John Tory has the courage to stand up to him.”

“Rob Ford scared Dalton McGuinty into cancelling Transit City. He scared Kathleen Wynne into endorsing the Scarborough subway. He scared Glenn De Baeremaeker into endorsing the Scarborough subway,” he said.

“I hope John Tory has the courage to stand up to him.”

The first statement may be correct, but Council took Ford out of the transit file back in March 2012. Anything that happened after that was not influenced by Ford at all. I am not sure if anyone really believes Ford is responsible, or they just like blaming him because they know it is the popular thing to do.

The "Scarborough Subway" is mostly the idea of Kathleen Wynne, and I don't think Tory has the courage to stand up to her.

Back