News   Jul 15, 2024
 593     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 753     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 600     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

I still find it amusing that the Sun endorsed Tory, but turned on him rather quickly. Of course, he doesn't create the drama that sells papers like Rob and Doug did.
Star turned on Miller.

It's all about selling newspapers. I'm sure they'll be happy to see him re-elected from a political point of view. But does that sell papers?

Maybe the Toronto Sun should do an interview with John Tory... in the Steak Queen restaurant. Like their "hero"...
image.jpg

It was only a matter of time before something like this was going to happen. I wonder who of the lofty in Toronto will be outed as not being a family man/woman.

Hackers Are Threatening to Reveal the Identities of 37 Million Cheaters
Large caches of data stolen from AshleyMadison and related hookup sites have been posted online.

A group of hackers is holding the identities of 37 million online cheaters hostage, threatening to out every user seeking an affair on AshleyMadison.com and related sites like Cougar Life and Established Men. Gizmodo reports that the hackers, who call themselves The Impact Team, have stolen a massive trove of data from the sites owned by Toronto-based Avid Life Media.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/news/a36536/ashley-madison-hack/

Tory has an event with Joe Oliver tomorrow morning and no questions are allowed. I suspect this is more of Oliver's doing, as Tory is happy to answer questions after a big announcement.

Minnan-Wong is worried about Council adding projects they can't (or won't) pay for (from CBC website)

"Deputy Mayor Denzil Minnan-Wong is warning council to stop approving projects the city has no money to pay for. Minnan-Wong says billions of dollars in projects approved by council over the next decade are currently unfunded. "There is an insatiable appetite for building things in this city," said the Don Valley East councillor."

A bit rich coming from someone who strongly supports the building of unnecessary subways in Scarborough (when Provincial $$ for LRT are there already) and who wants to rebuild the Gardner rather than follow the professional advice of City Staff and build a cheaper surface road.

Minnan-Wong is worried about Council adding projects they can't (or won't) pay for (from CBC website)

"Deputy Mayor Denzil Minnan-Wong is warning council to stop approving projects the city has no money to pay for. Minnan-Wong says billions of dollars in projects approved by council over the next decade are currently unfunded. "There is an insatiable appetite for building things in this city," said the Don Valley East councillor."

A bit rich coming from someone who strongly supports the building of unnecessary subways in Scarborough (when Provincial $$ for LRT are there already) and who wants to rebuild the Gardner rather than follow the professional advice of City Staff and build a cheaper surface road.

My experience with 'fiscal conservatives' is that their conservative nature lasts right up to their own pet project. Drives me bananas in Toronto, but imagine how bad it was growing up in boomtown/bust/boomtown Calgary, where the whole town was 'fiscal conservative' when it came to a road or bridge in Edmonton or Red Deer, but all about shiny new Deerfoot Trail extensions 'cause cars need to have room to be free.

Back