News   Jul 04, 2024
 150     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 709     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 2.2K     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

When I moved to M2 from my previous residence in Thornhill my auto insurance doubled as well. I was with State Farm and their explanation was that the new postal code I was living in was considered a "high risk" area for insurance related fraud. I priced it out immediately after receiving the adjusted bill and was able to find an even better rate than what I had originally with their competition.

Same here, lived in Thornhill prior but my insurance went down instead of up.

Wondering if anyone is using TekSavvy as their internet service provider at M1/M2/M3 ? Or the only choice is Rogers...

who do you guys have your car insurance with?? I'm paying only 140 where i live now. If i want insurance at metro place, its 280? Thats double. No way i'm paying that

Yep, it has to do with our postal code. Anything that starts with M3* is high. Though M3J is a lot better than M3N (Jane-Finch area, etc.).

Yep, it has to do with our postal code. Anything that starts with M3* is high. Though M3J is a lot better than M3N (Jane-Finch area, etc.).

NO S**T I live in Jane "n" Finch and have been raped on insurance rates for years. I have friends who live in so called "better" niebourhoods drive more, have had thier cars stolen\broken into serveral times, and have various convictions, tickets, etc that pay a lot less in insurance than me and I have a spotless record. I hope the new area code will mean a better insurance rate. Anyways rant ended.

And one more point, is anybody wondering if we do get a Starbucks/Tim's or any kind of retail what kind of parking problems we might have with folks parking around M3/4 with people running in and out?

And hows the move in in M3 going?

Can someone please post or pm me who you got your car insurance with . I'm looking for a good deal. Less than 2000 a year if possible. I rarely drive.

Also isn't the M3 building postal code M3K 2B4? not M3J??

quite a bit of difference for a quote i got for M3J vs M3K

thanks!

Last edited:
there is no visitor parking available for the retail stores. Also there is no way for a non resident to access into the garage. I wouldn't be too worried.

what i wonder is, if you have quite a few guests or book the party room, where all these people will be able to park. Is there more than enough guest parking spots?

there is no visitor parking available for the retail stores. Also there is no way for a non resident to access into the garage. I wouldn't be too worried.

what i wonder is, if you have quite a few guests or book the party room, where all these people will be able to park. Is there more than enough guest parking spots?

I wonder if Starbucks'* thinking is that the shop is just for us who live here in Metro Place, and for people who work along Sheppard West and walk there from Downsview? If you want to DRIVE to a Starbucks, you drive to the one on Lodestar and park there - unless you're meeting someone in Metro Place who can get you a parking pass. (At which point people in M1 say "There's gotta be an easier way to do this" and supposedly FrontDesk has that capability).

Max capacity for the M2 room is 50. With P1 parking, outdoor parking and De Boers Road, I'm sure that's enough, especially since no party will have 50 cars (some people come together AND we're on the subway). Haven't heard of any complaints...

* If it is Starbucks

I keep seeing cars on De Boers Road get tickets, is it because they park there overnight? Or do they just enforce the 3 hour parking limit?

Also, all my visitors have been parking outside, I was never told how they can get into the P1 parking garage? I know they definitely can't enter the main garage that's between M1 and M2, but can they enter through the smaller garage entrance beside M4? Does the intercom work yet? If it does work, which building concierge would it reach to let them in?

Some other unrelated points:
- The security in M3 is so lax right now, anyone can just walk in at any time. When will the concierge start to care? When everyone's moved in?
- I saw the carpets that were already put in on the 3rd floor and they look hideous! What's with the weird multicoloured cheap-looking 1970's design? The faux wood, wallpaper, and the lights in the hall also look horrible and cheap. When I was buying my unit I saw the model suite in M1, the carpets, wallpaper and lighting in the hallway looked really classy and modern, I thought we'd get something similar in M3, what happened?

Last edited:
I keep seeing cars on De Boers Road get tickets, is it because they park there overnight? Or do they just enforce the 3 hour parking limit?

Also, all my visitors have been parking outside, I was never told how they can get into the P1 parking garage? I know they definitely can't enter the main garage that's between M1 and M2, but can they enter through the smaller garage entrance beside M4? Does the intercom work yet? If it does work, which building concierge would it reach to let them in?

- The security in M3 is so lax right now, anyone can just walk in at any time. When will the concierge start to care? When everyone's moved in?
- I saw the carpets that were already put in on the 3rd floor and they look hideous! What's with the weird multicoloured cheap-looking 1970's design? The faux wood, wallpaper, and the lights in the hall also look horrible and cheap. When I was buying my unit I saw the model suite in M1, the carpets, wallpaper and lighting in the hallway looked really classy and modern, I thought we'd get something similar in M3, what happened?

In regards to the carpet, I think its a temp. thing cause of construction going on inside of the building.
Is your security at M3 the young blond? Yea! She seems very lax in there, I just walked in, no problems at all.

In regards to the carpet, I think its a temp. thing cause of construction going on inside of the building.
Is your security at M3 the young blond? Yea! She seems very lax in there, I just walked in, no problems at all.

Back