News   Jun 26, 2024
 109     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1K     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

one reason bight be its proximity to shopping, groceries, restaurants, schools etc.... there everything is within a short walk... here we need to drive to all of those things. I wish I could subway to a grocery store (I know, Kensington is along our subway like but its not the same)

Bathurst and Centre is also right beside Promenade Mall, within walking distance. Yorkdale is close to us, but it's a 2 minute drive, not a 2 minute walk. It's also a developed area, whereas our area is developing, but to get downtown from Bathurst and Centre is a lot more difficult from there than it is for us, since they're nowhere near a subway station.

I'd still choose our area over Bathurst and Centre, at least from an investment standpoint, because the appreciation potential is a lot greater in a developing up and coming area right across the street from subway station than it is for an already developed area in Thornhill.

There is a Fortinos Grocery store and Canadian Tire and Zellers right beside the Lawrence West subway. Lawrence and Allen Express Way area.

one reason might be its proximity to shopping, groceries, restaurants, schools etc.... there everything is within a short walk... here we need to drive to all of those things. I wish I could subway to a grocery store (I know, Kensington is along our subway line but its not the same)

St. Claire West Station (about 6 stations south, or 15 minutes subway time) is physically attached to a massive Lablaws.

St. Claire West Station (about 6 stations south, or 15 minutes subway time) is physically attached to a massive Lablaws.

that may be the case but it's not as convenient of having groceries, etc. across the street from you, as they do at the thornhill liberty buildings as mentioned above

we're "close" to a lot of things (by car or subway) but I wouldn't say anything is "conveniently close" to our buildings.

that may be the case but it's not as convenient of having groceries, etc. across the street from you, as they do at the thornhill liberty buildings as mentioned above

we're "close" to a lot of things (by car or subway) but I wouldn't say anything is "conveniently close" to our buildings.

Totally agree.

On top of a decent grocery store, a post office would be nice (not like it matters at the moment :p)... I thought they would be making one inside or next to the Shoppers... but no news of that yet. And a TD Bank would be awesome...

Has anyone heard of any more news about the retail part of M3 & M4? Other than the dry cleaners, convenience store & accounting office that have been mentioned here so far...?

Not true, Dude the ESSO gas station is two minutes away. LOL.

Guess will have to wait 'till something opens on M# & M4.

Not true, Dude the ESSO gas station is two minutes away. LOL.

Guess will have to wait 'till something opens on M# & M4.

the shell at wilson heights might be the closest coffee but they don't have vegetables so you can't get cucumber and tomato on your toasted bagel with cream cheese! WTF? lol

Last edited:
There's a little variety store just behind the gas station on the northwest corner of Wilson Heights and Shepperd, and it seems to have everything, although I'm not sure about fresh food. I went in looking for potatoes once though and they had them!!

Yummy market is just north on Dufferin, it's not within walking distance, but it's a decent place that's less than a 2 minute drive away. Kaze sushi also opened up beside it recently, it's pretty good.

M3, floor 3 with 9ft ceilings. Contract had 42" kitchen cabinets included. I picked out my decor in feb but just got the call from the design center that they can only give me 36" (which is still 6"higher than standard). Just curious (before I call them back), did anyone upgrade to 42" and was told recently they could only get 36"? I'm wondering if they are trying to get me to pay for it now. If someone on 3rd floor could confirm that'd be great. Thanks!!!

M3, floor 3 with 9ft ceilings. Contract had 42" kitchen cabinets included. I picked out my decor in feb but just got the call from the design center that they can only give me 36" (which is still 6"higher than standard). Just curious (before I call them back), did anyone upgrade to 42" and was told recently they could only get 36"? I'm wondering if they are trying to get me to pay for it now. If someone on 3rd floor could confirm that'd be great. Thanks!!!

It is true. they wont be able to make them bigger. I got 36 or 38 I cant remember. in the end its free. and the 36 do make a BIG difference.

It depends on where the bulkheads run .... it may be just the perimeter bulkhead (hence reduced height upper cabinets), or it may be the entire kitchen ceiling dropped if the ducts run THROUGH the kitchen ceiling ... refer to the 2 kitchen examples below:

kitchen2.jpg

kitchen1.jpg

Thanks flaco....hope that doesn't mean my kitchen ceilings will be lowered, does it?

Hey GT,

My unit is like the second picture that Solaris has posted. My kitchen & Den have lower ceilings. I remember sneaking into the other units on the 3rd floor in M1 and they all had the same layout. I can tell you that most of the other units in the 3rd floor dont have the bigger cabinets and it looks ugly. I'm glad you got the better cabinets as that was one of the reasons why I purchased on the 3rd floor.

Back