News   Jun 26, 2024
 78     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1K     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

Are we going to demand a more secure location for em? Anybody call management yet?

I actually liked one person's suggestion: Move them to P2. It means waiting for 2 garage doors to open instead of one, and usually only residents can get to P2. I almost want to say make a bike room, but then that'll take away from the locker/parking space that Liberty is counting on for the big bucks.

I actually liked one person's suggestion: Move them to P2. It means waiting for 2 garage doors to open instead of one, and usually only residents can get to P2. I almost want to say make a bike room, but then that'll take away from the locker/parking space that Liberty is counting on for the big bucks.

putting them on p2 would (almost) solve the problem and would cost the building next to nothing.

it was a stupid move in the first place to put them on p1 in public parking where literally ANYONE can get at them

i thought i lost my garage door opener for almost a week and not once did i have any problems getting to and from of my p3 parking spot

on one hand the lack of security is somewhat upsetting, but on the other hand 90% of the time my girlfriend comes to visit she doesn't need to wait to buzz down to guest parking or buzz into the building, she just follows a car down and someone generally lets her into the lobby

Just had a quick chat with the concierge in M2 that began with him asking me "Hey, do you have a bike?"

Someone tried getting into M2 through the front doors, and when that failed, he waited for a car to open the garage and walked down the ramp into P1. He sat there sawing a couple of bike locks, and then just walked them up the ramp and out of the building. Interestingly, the security in M1 apparently walked past him while he was walking them out, but just looked confused and kept doing his rounds. Police have already been here, and the concierge showed them all the video of it, but they can't do anything until the owners report the thefts.

So if you or anyone you know keeps their bicycle on P1, go check to see if it's still there.

Youd be foolish not to think that cars will not be next, we need to start demanding some security of our possessions.

mirrors in parking garage

Does anyone know when (or if) we will be getting a mirror just before the P2 ramp? It's getting REALLY dangerous down there. I always creep slowly along in case someone is speeding up that ramp. With no mirror, you don't know if they're coming until they are about to hit your car.

No clue, usually I just honk before going down or up the ramp.
I still think we need stop signs....

Oh absolutely! Stop signs would be REALLY helpful!

I honk as well but sometimes that doesn't stop someone from speeding up the ramp either. Stop signs and mirrors won't stop idiots like that but for the rest of us, it would be beneficial.

No clue, usually I just honk before going down or up the ramp.
I still think we need stop signs....

Wide angle mirror is good, but stop signs... drivers can still ignore it. Perhaps adding a speed bump? you either slow down or you risk damaging your car.

i think just a mirror would do the trick.

i, personally, would ignore a stop sign. if i saw oncoming traffic in a mirror however, i would definitely stop.

whos got engineered floors here?
I'm think of getting but wouldn't mind hearing what people think. I'm trying to not spend a fortune at my upgrade appointment but from what I've read in this & other forums hardwood is VERY good 4 re-sell
I have hardwood in my current apartment and it's all scratched to s**t so I'm wondering if engineered floors are a bit more scratch resistant

less than a year till I move in :))

i think just a mirror would do the trick.

i, personally, would ignore a stop sign. if i saw oncoming traffic in a mirror however, i would definitely stop.

Pretty much. Are we gonna have a cop sitting in the garage ready to ticket people? Stop signs don't get people stopping at a few intersections where I grew up, what makes anyone think they'll stop people in our garage? Mirrors and speed bumps.

Pretty much. Are we gonna have a cop sitting in the garage ready to ticket people? Stop signs don't get people stopping at a few intersections where I grew up, what makes anyone think they'll stop people in our garage? Mirrors and speed bumps.

True, but if there was a vehicle collision due to the fact that the other car didn't stop at the stop sign and just ran through it and hit the other car that did stop at the stop sign, makes it easier to determine who was at fault....if there were no stop signs and that happened, its 50/50 at fault.

True, but if there was a vehicle collision due to the fact that the other car didn't stop at the stop sign and just ran through it and hit the other car that did stop at the stop sign, makes it easier to determine who was at fault....if there were no stop signs and that happened, its 50/50 at fault.

not a lawyer, or a cop, so correct me if i'm wrong but isn't a stop sign on private property, not easily accessed by the public just a fancy waste of money?

i found this on another forum "if it is private property, but freely accessible to the public, they can write tickets on it, for example mall parking lots, but if it is on private property closed off to the public, it has no legal bearing."

Back